cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Hand Sanitizer, Dry Hands, and Covid-19

Hi Girls & Guys,

I know I'm not the only one experiencing hand dryness with all this hand washing and sanitizer use! Luckily, I've been able to pull together a routine that makes the skin on my hands look good as new (or even better pre-pandemic!) Here's what I use:

Serum: Using a serum before cream at night works wonders. I use a small drop of L'Occitane Immortelle Reset Overnight Reset Oil-In Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL on the back of each hand, and it smooths skin instantly! Because it's on the pricey side, you can use any face or body serum for dry skin.

Oil: I use an oil around my nails to smooth cuticles and prevent hangnails. I've been using Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL. Sephora makes good oils too, try SEPHORA COLLECTION Multi-Purpose Oil Jojoba Protecting Oil or SEPHORA COLLECTION Multi-Purpose Oil Hempseed. Using an oil around your nail bed makes manicures unnecessary and also helps with nail growth! Side note: never pull or stretch dryness around your nails, it creates hangnails. To add, pulling on hangnails will make it extremely painful. Either hands off or head to a pro!

Cream: I should really put on hand cream more often, but using L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream Shea Butter once at night suffices! It was sold out in March & April, so you know it's well loved. It's also light on scent and full of natural ingredients!

Balm: A dab of Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve over the back of each hand locks in all that moisture. I used this trick when I lived in Montreal and walked everywhere all winter. 

Sanitizer: I keep hand sanitizer with me at all times. I have attached a NUDESTIX Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer Gel 5x 1 oz/ 30 mL to every handbag I use. This way I can use sanitizer before I reach into my bag or head into my car. I'd also rather use this then touch the pumps in public places for obvious reasons. It's the most handy thing ever. I hope they don't sell out!

I hope these tips help you all! They've certainly given me baby soft skin!

If you want to read more pandemic-based beauty advice, I have shared my Maskne Advice here ❤️

Re: Hand Sanitizer, Dry Hands, and Covid-19

@nyfashionista these are some very helpful tips, especially going into the colder months. Thanks! 😄

Re: Hand Sanitizer, Dry Hands, and Covid-19

You're welcome! I actually use almost the same steps year-round. I keep mini L'Occitane Hand Cream Minis Shea Butter in my handbag as well which helps with winter 😉

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing