Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Extensive hair loss do to coloring and multiple bleaching like 3 tennis ball lost! Cut it into pixie myself. Need help please on few things!

Hi everyone who has been so kind in the past to comment on my posts (and those of you who haven't - who I would loooove to hear from.) I have lost about a pound of hair I dunno a lot 3 hamster sized amounts, maybe more (large hamsters.) I dyed, bleached, dyed, bayalaged, dyed, color removal, dyed, bleached, color removal dyed....something like that. So I had no choice to cut it so I cut it myself into a "pixie." But no matter what I try, fluffy in front, slicked on sides, all slicked back, piecey, a little bang...nothing looks good AT ALL. I have a pic of my hair style with Dove for men pomade (recommended product) and Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil (from SEPHORA at JC PENNY)! But nah, it looks terrible. Here's me today. (Sorry I have a sad look, but not all that sad and no makeup geez!)

es.jpgYou can see the damage. 

Here is a pic of the cut I'm considering, but I don't have the length in front and the following pic is the color I ideally like. The one on the second tier far left. Or even the very top one (second choice - but may be easier to achieve.) I know it's getting late, but any help is truly appreciated! No one is responding to me on redditt. And this is always the case no matter what I post. IDK! Also, for some reason I was unable to post under the more appropriate HAIR!!!do (2).jpeg

colorbest (2).jpg

Re: Extensive hair loss do to coloring and multiple bleaching like 3 tennis ball lost! Cut it into pixie myself. Need help please on few thin

I think your hair looks cute as it is but obviously if youve lost a lot through damage youre probably hoping to grow it all back, and for it to be strong and healthy.

The key to all this is patience and to be able to tolerate your hair quite possibly looking like crap for a little while. Youve had a great cut which is the right thing to do. Now start to rebuild it. Id highly recommend Nioxin 4 shampoo for scalp and follicle health. Many people swear it promotes growth and Id agree with that. There are a lot of great conditioners out there and my favourites include Superfood Strength Cure Treatment by Pureology and Kerastase Chronologiste Balm. Both pricey but worth the splurge if you can afford it.

Now obviously dont wash every day and lay off the tongs, straighteners etc.

I think the most important thing really though is to take care of your health. It will reflect in your skin and hair. In my experience you need to eat well, dont cut calories, and you should eat rich, nutritious foods. Exercise so that you sweat and clean out your pores daily. Get plenty of rest and relaxation, stress is not conducive to healthy hair. I have found that staring in the mirror stressing over a bad hair day (month/year) doesnt do any good whatsoever, it is just depressing. Instead accept that maybe your hair is a damn mess and that it really isnt the end of the world then walk away from the mirror and start actively making the new hair that grows in as beautiful as can be. Work on the hair you cant see yet.

Re: Extensive hair loss do to coloring and multiple bleaching like 3 tennis ball lost! Cut it into pixie myself. Need help please on few thin

@Jbird1999 Hi, I’m a hairstylist by trade. What exactly was your question..,? Is your hair too damaged? 

@GG84 

I wish I could tell you how many times since the end of last year I've colored and/or bleached or bayalaged, but my guess is about 7 or 8.

@GG84 

Excuse me. I should of said hello! Sorry, just passionate about fixing this! And I too am highly considering becoming a cosmetologist myself. I love it!

@GG84 

Well, I believe my hair damage can be recovered somewhat with some TLC...Olaplex perhaps, lots of masks and such. I'm sorry I was wanting help on a haircut idea, one that is kinda feminine or going for a honey-blonde bayalage/highlight like in the last pic (the one on the second level, far left.) If you think, since you're a professional which is awesome, that lifting again would be way too much, then definitely a more feminine cut. I am open to an undercut - shaving some with a man's razor. Or throw all caution to the wind, start fresh and get a buzzcut. I open to suggestions! And please PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS!  Thank you for responding!!!!

@Jbird1999 If you are looking to honestly and truly  repair your damage, please visit a salon that carries Olaplex. Your hair is beyond what Olaplex No.3 can help, you are going to require stand alone treatments combined with protein masks. 

This then begs the question - why repair the hair if you are potentially going to be cutting a significant amount off? 

@GG84 Thank you for your guidance! I value your opinion as a professional. But about cutting off more hair - I really don't have a whole lot left. It's been cut into a pixie by me bc of all the breakage so now I hate it the way it is now, but besides shaving it, doing an undercut or what have you, I don't think I desire to go any shorter. I have no clue to style as is. I definitely want to add honey highlights to it and eventually grow it back out. I'm sharing a pic of how it's cut now, if I haven't shown you already so you can see how short it is. Thank you again!jill.jpg

So I can't get away with just treating my hair well with Olaplex and protein hair masks,etc. I don't have the money really to spend at a salon right now and not really all that wanting to fork out a lot, but if your opinion is it's a must, I will. TY

Great now I read this group is for everything below the neck. I couldn't get the categories under HAIR to appear! Sorry

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos4
  • es.jpg
  • do (2).jpeg
  • colorbest (2).jpg
  • jill.jpg
testing