Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Brazilian Bum Bum Cream won't open

I have had my Bum Bum cream for weeks now and it will not open. I have taken it to work and several men have tried to open it but to no avail. Does anyone have any tips on how to open the product? I would love to try it. 

Re: Brazilian Bum Bum Cream won't open

I won't even tell you how long my jar of Bum Bum Cream has been sitting in my closet because I couldn't get it open. Decided to give it a try again today and couldn't get it to budge. Went online and found other people had the same issue. Success at last! Used big, heavy serious rubber work gloves and that did the trick. Didn't even need the rubber bands.

You probably got your bum bum cream opened by now, but just going to leave my method here anyways for future reference.

There is a thin sheet of styrofoam that is glued/taped to the top of the lid inside. When you try to open it, it doesn't budge at all because of that styrofoam. What I did was I used my blow dryer to melt the adhesive inside and it completely worked. I set the blow dryer to high and used it on the lid about 15 to 20 seconds.

Definitely works! 

Anonymous Insider

I couldn't open my jar either and this came up on a Google inquiry. Yay, it works and was so easy! I never would have thought of it... well maybe eventually!

Anonymous Insider

i used the handle of a spoon to tap around the edge between the lid and the jar. it opened easily afterwards.

I tried everything trying to open my jar then I read your post and got out a spoon. IT WORKED😃 Thank God because my husband had a drill in one hand and pliers in the other if it didnt😉THANKS!!!

i am having the same issue! any other tips, please let me know.

I just purchased this and cannot open it either! What the heck! Let me know if/how you get yours open. 

I haven't had any luck

@Brianagab Try wrapping heavy rubber bands around both top and bottom sections of the tub, then try opening it wearing kitchen gloves. This should give you enough grip. I’ve had success doing this with stuck nail polish bottles.

I will try this! Thank you!

@Beadshopgirl That is genius.

@Brianagab I've been able to open stuck lids by punching a hole through them to break the vacuum. This isn't ideal for a product that you don't want to dry out, though. Do you have another tub you can transfer it to?

The lid is pretty thick. I am not too sure what I can use to punch a hole through it

If you're comfortable with tools, a screwdriver and hammer should work @Brianagab. But if the rubber band and kitchen glove trick doesn't work, you might want to just exchange it.

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing