Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
Anonymous Insider

what is a good dark spot remover for sunspots

Can anymore recommend a good serum for sunspots. I have sunspots above my lip and spots on my face. I hate it. Any good products that you know that actually work. I was using mirad and that worked really good, maybe i will get it again. Thanks. 

Re: what is a good dark spot remover for sunspots

The best one on the market right now is Skinmedica, but it's pricey.

RE: what is a good dark spot remover for sunspots

Agreed that retinol and hydroquinone are the best at helping tackle hyperpigmentation. Make sure u have a great antioxidant in your daytime skincare routine. Sephora has loads of vitamin c serums! Also make sure u have a great sunscreen even if u are not spending much time outdoors. It will take a couple of months to see results. If u want quicker results see a dermatologist about TCA peels combined with either Picosure laser or clear and brilliant laser. I have melasma so it's important to make sure that any dermatologist has great reviews and a contingency plan for how to treat pigmentation rebounds. Hope this helps Tania Senior Skincare Advisor Sephora Moncton

Products with Alpha Arbutin or Hydroquinine are very helpful as these are melanin inhibitors.  Two products  I've had great success with are Alpha Skincare Dual Action Lightener ( purchased at Ulta for approximately $15) and The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin (found it online for about $10).  I alternate these and also use with Retinol.  

I hope this helps, I know these have helped me.  🙂

Anything with Retinol helps remove the top layer of skin. A face serum or treatment with Retinol will help to lighten these sun spots you have. Though do not use Retinol everyday as it causes peeling and dry skin. Make sure you moisturize crazy, it'll help your skin glow and your natural skin tone to glow brighter then the sun spots. On sephora just look at the Face Serums in Skin Care and look at the ones with Retinol.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing