Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Age Defiers

skincare for 18 year old

I am 18 years old and need help with what skincare and antiaging products to use. I cleanse, tone, and moisturize my face every morning and night, but I don't know what else I need to do. My face is dry on my cheeks but is oily on my forehead, nose, and chin. I do get some breakouts and although they're not a huge problem, I want to know what to use to get rid of them. I also want to start using antiaging products now so that my skin will look younger for a longer time. Thank you!

I am so happy that you want to take care of your skin and...

I am so happy that you want to take care of your skin and preserve your youthfulness! Smiley Very Happy

You are definitely doing the first steps by cleansing and moisturizing- these are two things that definitely help keep your skin healthy and looking young.

I would suggest adding an eye cream to your daily routine as we tend to start showing signs of aging around our eyes first.  Eye creams are specially formulated to penetrate the delicate skin around the eye area to treat and prevent wrinkles.  You don't need anything fancy, but normal moisturizer cannot penetrate this area and hydrate it properly.  Try something like Clinique All About Eyes eye cream or Sephora Collection Age Defy Eye Cream.

You can also start using an exfoliator 2-3 times a week to keep your skin renewed. Something gentle is all you need right now since you don't have any major skin issues.  Try Sephora Collection Double Duty Exfoliator or Boscia Smoothing Face Polish.  You would use this after you cleanse to get rid of dead skin cells and keep your skin soft and smooth.

I think that is all you need right now- keep moisturizing!  In a few years you can add in more products that help to boost collagen production to keep your skin young and firm.

xoxo

Jill

It sounds like you are doing great! I would suggest addin...

It sounds like you are doing great! I would suggest adding a gentle exfoliation every week or so when your skin feel particularly dirty or dry and flaky, or use a mud mask when your skin feel really oily (Queen Helen's Mint Julep mask is the cheapest and work the best of all the mask I've tried <$38). I have combo skin, too, and love Clinique 7 day cream scrub.

As long as you eat healthy and exercise, your body is actually excellent at taking care of itself. Right now I say you don't need or want all the anti-aging/even-skintone/firming hoopla. Some of those are meant for mature skin and the ingredients might cause irritation and I don't know how they react to teenage skin (not to mention they are expensive). More importantly tho, being 24 this year, I can safely say my skin was at it's absolute best and absolutely model-style flawless without make up or photoshop when I was 20-22, and all I did was clean/tone/moisturize with clinique every night, water rinse and drugstore SPF every day, and exfoliate or use a mask every week. For now I suggest focus on hydration and nourishing skin. When you are 22 or 23, start to look into "first sign of aging" or age preventing etc.

I totally agree with Beautytester.  Taking care of yourse...

I totally agree with Beautytester.  Taking care of yourself will be reflected in your skin!  Keep your skin care nice and simple. No need to pile on a bunch of product at this stage, except for sunscreen.  If there is one thing you absolutely should incorporate into your routine, it's sunscreen.  May not seem important now but when you get to my age (45), use of sunscreen in your youth (I was the weird one who did use it), will pay off in spades.  To get carded at the store buying a bottle of wine,,,,priceless! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors