Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
Anonymous Insider

"Younger" vs. "Healthier"

Me - 1985Me - 1985I don't know about you, but I have always found it puzzling when advertisements plug "younger" as a goal. I remember my skin when I was younger and it was oily, pimply, and I slathered pancake makeup three shades too light to mask it! (I also smoked, ate greasy food, and didn't enjoy life very much, either). Today, I wear a lovely sheer/medium airy light foundation (Dior Nude Air), at the most because I no longer feel I need to mask a special glow that only comes with wisdom, experience, and maturity. I'll take my fine lines over oily pits any day! 

Me - August 2017Me - August 2017

Re: "Younger" vs. "Healthier"

Girl, your skin looks amazing!!! Whatever you are doing,keep it up because it is working for you!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️   @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Re: "Younger" vs. "Healthier"

@Tamara76 - Thank you so much!! 😄 
That really made me smile. Cheers!! ❤️ 

RE: \"Younger\" vs. \"Healthier\"

Thank you for sharing. I always think “If only I knew what I know now!” I don’t know about you, but my hindsight is always 20/20... And, your healthy glow is so apparent in your recent photo - that is true beauty!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: \"Younger\" vs. \"Healthier\"

Aw, Thank you!! 😄

Oh yeah, my inner "Captain Obvious" doesn't wake up until after the fact, too. But, it's okay because we always do the best we can with the knowledge we have. Sometimes those mistakes are just really beautiful gifts in really ugly packages, you know? 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • Me - 1985
  • Me - August 2017
testing