From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

my eyes and skin on face seem to be allergic to soooo many facial creams. my eyes due to the smell and my face breaks out in excema.

Re: my eyes and skin on face seem to be allergic to soooo many facial creams. my eyes due to the smell and my face breaks out in excema.

I also have had the same problem in the past and adhering to a few principles has helped a lot.

1.  Never use products that contain fragrance 

2.  Never use products that contain irritating oils such as lemon, grapefruit, orange, lime, lavender 

3. Never use products that contain denatured alcohol.  There's many types of alcohol that are okay for your skin but denatured alcohol isn't one of these,

i hope that might help you a little.  

RE: my eyes and skin on face seem to be allergic to soooo many facial creams. my eyes due to the smell and my face breaks out in excema.

Never use a face cream near your eyes. Face creams are not tested to be used around your eye area. But as for a face moisturizer our youth to the people. That line is like superfood for the face

Re: my eyes and skin on face seem to be allergic to soooo many facial creams. my eyes due to the smell and my face breaks out in excema.

Hi @Grempel! I don't really have sensitive skin issues, but I do very well with Farmacy as another responder mentioned below. However, my son who has eczema has had great luck with First Aid Beauty products, especially the Ultra Repair Cream. He responded to them better than his prescription (fyi, with his doctor's blessing).

Both lines do have a scent though. Not an added one, but a natural one. It would be best to test them out before you commit. I would try the Ultra Repair for your face, the Farmacy Eye Dew for an eye cream.

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-intense-hydration-P248407?skuId=1217744&icid2=products%20g...

http://www.sephora.com/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-with-echinacea-greenenvy-P400250?skuId=1755040&keywor...

RE: my eyes and skin on face seem to be allergic to soooo many facial creams. my eyes due to the smell and my face breaks out in excema.

Im the same! I tried the Farmacy all natural and organic products and they are gentile on the skin and work well especially the honey infused products!

@Grempel Creams can have a lot of fillers.  What about gels or serums?  Or items without silicones?  Good luck!

Try derma brands like La roche posay or Avene. I know it's in boring packaging and nothing exciting about but they work for easily offended skin.

I'll add to what other people said below.

Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream (more expensive) - this is fantastic! It's light and gentle. The fragrance is super minimal in that it smells natural and is barely noticeable. It helps to soothe any redness or irritation immediately!

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration (less expensive but still pricey) - this is also wonderful! I love using this day/night all the time. It's light. It's hydrating. It works well with every product and under makeup. It's refreshing and just feels great.

I would use DE regularly and use Tatcha for breakouts!

@Grempel

I feel for you, I had bad eczema on my eyelids and cheeks. 

Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue Cream worked for my eczema on my face and my friend's eczema on his joints. It's a drugstore brand - from holland and baretts. I'm not sure if it is easily available in the states though. 

It was one few product i could use on my face during my flare ups. 

upload_5625277279775326339.png

I heard that Tatcha indigo works and you can get a sample of that first from Sephora. 

Now that my ezcema is mostly cleared up - I'm using Korres rose line. all is good for now.  but strong the fragrance may affect you. sample first babe! 🙂 

Don't use facial creams too close to the eyes and look for products formulated for sensitive skin or are fragrance-free. As for specific products, it would depends on your skin type (First Aid Beauty is great for dry skin, most Drunk Elephant stuff are more for normal/dry skin, and if you are looking for a cream for oily or normal/combination skin, then try Peter Thomas Roth cloud cream).

Many, if not most, cosmetics companies put fragrance, irritating denatured alcohol, or irritating plant oils in there products.

I'd recommend you check out Drunk Elephant or First Aid Beauty products since they are more ingredient conscious than most other brands.  

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_5625277279775326339.png
testing