Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Age Defiers

discoloration

does the mia clarisonic help get rid of  the discoloration?

I would say it depends on what you mean by "discolor...

I would say it depends on what you mean by "discoloration"; it is an excellent exfoliating tool and if used with a cleasner with glycolic acid like the Perricone cleansing bar or Peter Thomas Roth products that contain the same ingredient,  I think it would hasten the fading of acne scars, etc.  But for sun damage discoloration I would add in one of the Clinique products made especially for that like Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.  I would also recommend the use of sunscreen while using any of these products.

I've been using the Clarisonic Face Brush ever since they...

I've been using the Clarisonic Face Brush ever since they first came on the market, so it's been a while and it does a wonderful job of exfoliating and keeping my skin looking bright and healthy, but it has not helped any dark spots on me.

A great, organic product to fade discoloration and not just mask it is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which is a highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots and promotes even skin tone.  Perfect for all skin types, it offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks and scars.  Naturally powerful ingredients work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin to boost your skin’s radiance, as well.  You can read more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P94421&categoryId=B70

Another good product is Murad Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel which is a scientifically-proven formula that lightens unwanted discolorations.  It improves your skin's clarity with powerful skin lightening ingredients and by exfoliating damaged cells.  It doesn't work overnight, so you have to be patient and give it a few weeks before you start seeing amazing results--it really does work.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P4009&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

Well, might improve your overall skin tone, but if you ha...

Well, might improve your overall skin tone, but if you have a severe or noticeable problem I'm pretty sure that wouldn't help a lot. You might want to add a glycolic acid product to your regimen, this is one of the very few ingredients that literally fade hyperpigmentation, discolorations, age spots, acne scarring, etc. But don't use it together with a Clarisonic because there's a very good chance to overexfoliate your skin, and the glycolic acid is also an exfoliatior, so you have to choose one, the Clarisonic or a glycolic acid product. I use and I love Glytone Exfoliating Lotion Step 1, which Sephora doesn't carries, but they have here Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel. This product and all the exfoliating lotions from Glytone are the only ones that I would recommend to you, because all the rest aren't properly formulated how a glycolic acid product should be. You should use a glycolic acid product only at night.

During the day you could add a brightening and antioxidant serum like Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum, which I also use and love. This stuff has a very good amount of pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which has potent brightening and specially, antioxidant properties, also has vitamin E and black tea, which are also known for being very very effective antioxidants. Well, the whole ingredients list is fantastic, so you might want to try this product too.

Believe me, this is the way how you could achieve a really more even tone.

Hope this helps!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors