cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

bags and dark circles under eyes

Re: bags and dark circles under eyes

@Jewelstrac It's hard to say which may be best for you as the reason for under eye bags and dark circles can be different for each person.

Look for products that contain key ingredients such as:

Hyaluronic Acid - To hydrate and plump the skin so that blood vessels and darker skin tissue are not as visible. The plumping action also makes bags under the eyes less puffy. 

Retinol - To help stimulate collagen production by promoting cell turnover.

Caffeine - Helps boost circulation and constrict blood vessels, which means that it can minimize the appearance of discoloration (hyperpigmentation and dark circles), while also helping to reduce any puffiness.

Peptides - These small proteins smooth and repair skin by stimulating collagen production. 

Vitamin C - Mainly works as an Antioxidant, it helps protect the skin from external factors. It also inhibits the production of melanin by inhibiting tyrosinase. It's very effective in brightening skin and diminishing some dark spots.

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - Helps even out skin tone, reducing hyperpigmentation to reduce the appearance of dark circles.

You can also try products with a metal applicator and putting it in the fridge. The cooling sensation might help you reduce swelling and puffiness by causing the blood vessels to constrict. (Personally didn't work for me.)

The most important thing is consistency. Make sure you apply the product morning and night for at least 60 days to see any type of change.

I personally use The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, it helps a little bit with the dark circles but nothing too drastic. I'm debating on trying The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Eye Serum 0.5 oz / 15 mL or Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Brightening Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL next to see what helps.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing