cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|
Anonymous Insider

aging skin care

most of my life I've had great skin. I've never had to do more than a cleansing scrub & Olay moisturizer. lately, I've noticed that my skin looks worse with makeup than without because my foundation seems to highlight every fine line, pore & flaw. Help! what skin care regimen & foundation/concealer/powder should I be using. I don't have tons of money for experimentation or super high end stuff. I don't mind spending money if the product truly works. There's nothing I hate worse than wasting money on subpar products. Any help I can get will be super appreciated! thanks so much!

Re: aging skin care

I feel as we age, skin regimen is the key for any make up to work and look better. You don't have to spend a lot of money on high end make up but you do have to invest on the skin care. Your skin will have more elasticity, hydrated and well balanced to tolerate any make up. Removing make up at the end of the day is golden rule, some type of electrical brush to deep cleanse your face and a good skin care product. I have tried different brands and what have worked best for my skin, combination and some hormonal break outs, is Loriac. No matter what brand you choose, if you see changes in your skin, then that's the right product for you. Don't buy, get samples until you find the one that works for you. Some of the brands I like for skin care are Loriac, Algenist and L'occitane.

RE: aging skin care

I exfoliate like 3 times a week I have oily skin and i like to use a chemical exfoliator instead of one with bead it could be really harmful for your skin I really recommend you using the chemical exfoliator from skin inc it's amazing and pain free! Results are amazing it's literally just like liquid and it is a new creative way to exfoliate You just rub it into your skin and all the dead skin you feel it peeling away

RE: aging skin care

Hi! I have a couple of questions before I make my recommendation. Do you exfoliate and if so how often?
Anonymous Insider

I know it's taking me forever to reply to your questions....

I know it's taking me forever to reply to your questions. I am so sorry. my father passed away & it seems my mother has a never ending list of things for me to do. anyway - sorry - probably a little too much info. to answer your questions. I do exfoliate with St. Ives blemish control once a week. I use Olay cream cleanser the rest of the week (mornings only). I use facial cleansing wipes to remove my makeup at the end of the day. someone once told me that exfoliating more than once a week is overkill. any suggestions you might have will be so appreciated!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing