Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Youth to the People for early aging?

I’m only 25, but I want to start using a light anti aging products to get a head start. I see a lot of others my age trying to get a head start too, and I wanted everyone’s opinion on the Youth for the People line of products. 

I hear nothing but great things and I’m going to give it a try, but I wanted to hear from other people who may already be using them so I could get a better idea of the long-term effects of the product. 

Also if anyone has any other suggestions, please, feel free!! I’m not ready to use anything from day to day that has too many chemicals for anti aging and I can’t find anything besides YTTP and Saturday Skin to work for me. 

RE: Youth to the People for early aging?

You’re smart to protect yourself with sunscreen or sunblock—every day. That’s my greatest ‘beauty regret’—no sunblock til it was far too late to prevent damage. I have found the Caudalie skin care line to be gentle, but effective. Expensive, too, but you’re worth it. Use a strong mineral sunblock (no chemicals!) and go to the Caudalie lineup for: • Vine(Activ) Serum Anti-Rides. Glow Activating Anti-Wrinkle Serum. Nice, light, unisex scent. Use on face, neck, and chest twice a day. Not sparkly at all, so don’t let the “Glow” part scare you. This is a great serum for a young person who wants to prevent wrinkles while keeping skin smooth, bright, wrinkle free. Almost too gentle for someone over 55 like me, but great for Vitamin C beginners/middlers, and the spa-natural scent is appealing. Absorbs quickly. •Vine(Activ) Energy & Smoothing Eye Cream. The resveratrol from the vines in Caudalie’s vineyards really does what they promised. This is a great little eye cream, full of resveratrol, Vit. C, and other antioxidants, but it’s not greasy and won’t make skin break out. Absorbs quickly and doesn’t go all sticky on ya. Again, I need something much stronger nowadays; but most of these specific items are perfect for younger people and beginners, since they are the gentler end of the Caudalie spectrum. •A true Caudalie fave at my house: The Vinoperfect Essence. It’s a brightening toner, and it’s erased all the dark patches from my forehead and cheeks.. The bottle has lasted eight months and it’s still 1/3 full. Feels great at day’s end, and it too also has a mild spa scent. If age-related spots and patches aren’t your issue, you might love the Vinoperfect Serum Eclat, or Radiance Serum. It only takes a little to smoothe onto your clean face after sun, wind, sand, snow, etc. It really helps perfect skin’s look, texture, and comfort. Again, a light, agreeable fragrance. I know all this sounds like a lot, including the price! But when I finally started working on my skin,Iast summer, I knew I’d need to spend more to get the best results. You won’t regret it. I hope this helps. Mamabare27

Re: Youth to the People for early aging?

@hannypants I also couldn't agree more on the sunscreen bit! I like coola products myself for their mostly organic ingredients but if you found a good one for you that's all that matters.

As far as YTTP, I love the line. I have the antioxidant whip moisturizer and it does a great job of both hydrating and moisturizing. I haven't tried the rest of the line yet, I'm waiting until I have empties to replace, but I think they make good products. 

I would also suggest adding a retinol- the Ordinary has a retinoid emulsion for just $10 that's a lower dosage which would be good as a starter. I'm 26, for context, and just started using the Drunk Elephant retinol mostly for acne reasons. It's a lot stronger, so I have to be really careful not to over use and damage my skin, but the results in my skin have been fantastic. I don't get weird oily spots anymore, my skin tone is evening out, my pores are better and I just look overall better. I cannot say enough about retinol. The fact that it also helps as an anti-aging ingredient that actually works is just another huge bonus 

Anonymous Insider

Yes! to quality facial products and healthy food, sugar out of our diets would do wonders...

Hey! Good on you for thinking ahead. You probably know this but in my experience PREVENTION IS KEY.  And the single most important thing is SUNSCREEN. 

When I turned 30 I started using a broad spectrum sunscreen every day. Even in winter. In the summer I avoid direct sun exposure between 11am-4pm.

I think it’s really helped keep my skin (somewhat) younger looking than my 41 year old age. 

Last year I got a prescription for Retin-A (or Trentinoin) It costs about $20 and lasts for 3 months. 

Trentinoin is the only product that the FDA recognizes as a wrinkle-erasing substance. And if you start with a low concentration at 25 you’ll be set. 

I don’t want to rant too much so I’ll jusy say GOOGLE trentinoin! 

Cheers,

carla 

I second the sunscreen!  I wish I had used sunscreen in my 20s because it definitely starts showing in the late 20s-30s. 

Thanks for the advice! I just started using an spf 50 on my face yesterday! i read about how helpful it can be later on with keeping your skin elastic! it seems to be the best make up primer I have ever used as well 

RE: Re: Youth to the People for early aging?

I’m so happy! Good on ya’

RE: Youth to the People for early aging?

Hi. I’m glad you have already found lines that work for you! I love YTTPcleanser. It is so gentle but feels really (really) good! Also, it smells incredibly yummy😊 and isn’t drying. It works well as a second step in double cleansing.
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing