Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Where’s everyone over 65

So I’m turning 65… are there no recommendations for how to manage my skin?? 

Re: Where’s everyone over 65

First, what do you do now? What’s your lifestyle like? Your skin?

im about 2 months away from my 65th birthday, and I can tell you what I do, along with what I wish I could do.  I’ve been wearing sunscreen and sunglasses daily for over 20 years. I have prescription Tretinoin which I don’t use as often as I should - maybe 4-6 times a month.

As far as products go, I look for good quality products. I do this by looking at the amount of stars the product has and the amount of reviews. Then I read a good sample of them. I like to begin at the 3-star reviews and then look at the ratio of how many reviews or ratings st each level the product gets. After this, I look at the product information here on the app.  Sometimes I have to work to narrow things down, but it’s worth it.

The first thing I do every morning is cleanse my face with an exfoliating scrub. Then I usually use a lip exfoliating crème with a Sephora lip brush. Then I use lip balm. Next, I use a good eye cream. After this, I use a very good serum that Sephora used to sell, but doesn’t carry it anymore, so I get it elsewhere. I also like to use a plumping serum around my mouth.

Aftwr this, I moisturize and then use a good sunscreen. They say you should use the amount that would fill half of the top of a soda bottle.  This is a little confusing, because there are different sizes of caps! So I like to find a sunscreen that doesn’t alter my complexion and use it generously - about 1/2 if the top of a larger sized plastic soda bottle. 

Oh, I also use products on my neck and upper décolletage.

i hope this helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing