Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

What products do you use with tretinoin?

Hii!! I recently got prescribed tretinoin due to my acne but now I need to switch up my skincare routine with less actives at night. If you use tretinoin, what kind of products do you have in your routine ❤️ 

Re: What products do you use with tretinoin?

I use the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder in the AM because i find it to be very gentle. I follow with the Krave Beauty Great Barrier relief serum because I have extremely sensitive skin. I follow that with Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer  because that’s one of the few moisturizers that will not irritate my skin (as you know Tretinoin causes irritation and dryness) and it keeps my face from flaking. I end my AM routine with Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Lightweight Wrinkle Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 1...  in my eye area and use the Naturium SPF 50 for the rest of my face, neck and back of my hands. 

at night I use the Krave Beauty Jelly Oil cleanser and then go in with the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser. I follow with the same moisturizer before and after the Altreno tretinoin cream. 
i regularly have a very oily t-zone but the tretinoin suddenly has me using a rich moisturizer and I’ve found that this is key to balancing my skin and keeping it from going dry. 

Omg thank you so much for this! I’m happy you found a routine and I’ll be adding the products you mentioned! I find that even some moisturizers have irritated my skin even though it’s supposed to be really basic so you mentioning exactly what you use helps a ton! Thank you! 

@anissayanira  I had to start out slow and build my tolerance up but this is my routine now. I use Vitamin C and SPF 50 in the morning. Mon, Wed, and Fri nights I use Tretinoin. Tues and Thurs nights I use an AHA/BHA exfoliant. Then on the weekend I usually try to take a break from actives.  Right now I’m using Naturium Vitamin C, Paula's Choice RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Face Sunscreen SPF 50 2 oz/ 60 mL , Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  or Youth To The People Kombucha + 10% AHA Liquid Exfoliant with Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid 4 oz / 118 mL .  Skinfix barrier+ Strengthening and Moisturizing Triple Lipid-Peptide Refillable Cream with B-L3  has been great for me to combat the dryness and irritation I got at first from the tretinoin.

Ahh that’s an amazing routine!! I’m going to follow that! I’m finding that using it every day atleast for right now is literally killing my skin. I’m trying to be optimistic that it wont be forever 🤣 but I do agree with whet you’re saying and giving it a break inbetween is so helpful! I love the idea of actives on the weekends. thank you so much for those product recommendations!! It means so much!! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing