Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Waiting to apply vitamin C serum ?

I've read a lot of articles recommending to wait 20 minutes after washing the face to apply vitamin c (to allow the skin to return to normal ph level) and then waiting another 20 or 30 after application before doing anything else to allow the vitamin c to fully do its things. I use Sunday riley ceramic Slip to cleanse which I'm told is a 5.0 PH and then use the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Toner Followed by Fresh Kombucha Essence, (wait 30) Sunday Riley Good Genes (wait 30) then Sunday Riley CEO serum (wait 30) then drunk elephant B Hydra Serum, Tidal and Juno Oil. 

Am I doing this correctly so that I get the most out of my products ? Ps this is my AM routine 

PM includes SR Luna Oil 

Re: Waiting to apply vitamin C serum ?

The reason to wait is that vitamin c is destroyed by water.  I use The Ordinary's, which Sephora used to carry (I now order from the UK, worth it).   It is very potent, a straight vitamin c serum, for $5!!! and, they say it is destroyed by water, which is why they  do not put it in moisturizer, but a serum.  They say apply and wait 10-15 min before using moisturizer.

@hannahshrontzUnidentified

There's no need to wait, unless you just want to. Any well-formulated skincare should be acidic (as skin is acidic anyways); applying multiple acidic products at one time isn't going to affect pH quickly enough to matter. 

The only exceptions would be:

-if you have a product that likes to pill up...let anything else before it soak in good before moving on. 

-let sunscreen soak in before moving on to makeup

-allow benzoyl peroxide to dry; this really does work best alone. "Dry" only takes a few seconds though, nothing like half an hour.

Source:

paulaschoice dot com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/basic-skin-care-tips/how-long-to-wait-between-applying-skincare-products.html

This won't answer your question.. With all those products, if you're not already, spf daily. Some do contain acids and have similar ingredients. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing