Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Uneven skin tone/ fine lines and wrinkles

Hi all, so I have recently started noticing that my skin tone has started getting uneven. I don’t have dark spots yet. Since I have a combination skin so my t zone has a constant shine on it. I feel like something is not right on my nose. I also seem to have open pores around the nose. Plus, I have started getting fine lines and crow’s feet. I went to Sephora and bought myself the Clinique Id ( match your id) where I got the jelly and the purple cartridge for fine lines and wrinkles. But now I’m confused as to how will I address my main issue of uneven skin tone. Actually, both are big issues for me at the moment. I’m ready to add a product but not something that would break my bank. I would be grateful to anybody who would be able to advice me as I’m super confused. TIA.😊 #cliniqueid CLINIQUE Clinique iD™ Custom-Blend Hydrator Collection Hydrating Jelly + Cartridge for Lines & Wrinkles 

Re: Uneven skin tone/ fine lines and wrinkles

Niacinamide is a good treatment for enlarged pores, skin tone, and for overall skin health. Sephora carries The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  which is a nice, medium strength serum that can help all skin types. 

Oh, pumpkin. As Dolly says, “Time marches on... and she marches across your face!”  So, these “not dark spots”... they are cellular debris, in the intercellular space, that is darkening over time, because it’s not getting cleared away like it used to, because your cells aren’t turning over, dividing, as often.  You can help this a couple ways. Exfoliate gently with physical and chemical means. Like Fresh Sugar Face Polish Exfoliator. The sugar scrubs away old cells, making it easier for new ones to come up. Fruit acids help dissolve that debris. Vitamin C and retinols encourage cell turnover, as well. Niacinamide helps to breakdown stubborn debris. Issue 2: pores on your nose. Firstly, they tend to be the largest here for everyone. Secondly, everyone’s pores get larger with age. As we age, we lose the elasticity of our skin... it becomes more slack... even on a microscopic level, and so in addition to developing wrinkles, our pores grow wider. Make peace; this is happening. You can slow it down by supporting your skin’s defense. Vitamin C is necessary for collagen support. But. But. But. Sunscreen is your absolute best defense. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #Nothing breaks the defenses of your skin more than sun damage. Nothing. Good luck, pumpkin!  I’m rooting for you.

@Chris38 

Very sweet reply, thoroughly explained, and helpful. Caring.

Made me smile.

V21988

Same here!!🙂

Oh my! Thank you so much hun! I just read your reply! Can I ask you another question? If it's not much of a bother. I don’t have rosacea but there’s redness on my nose. Do you think niacinamide serum or a toner would help? So I basically use cleaner, then a vitamin c + probiotic serum and on top the Clinique moisturizer that I mentioned above. Should I include something else in my routine other than the sunscreen? Pls pls pls reply! 

Glad to help where I can!  Remember just to start with one change at a time. Redness can be from so many different things: foods, environmental exposures, sun, wind, plus your own regiment. So, don’t add anything else besides the new Clinique stuff for at least a month... make sure it plays wells with others. Take a picture now; take one in a month. Then, if you are better or unchanged, think about adding in the sunscreen. Repeat the process. Don’t use an exfoliating product on red areas. See a dermatologist if this persists, because even “not rosacea” could be another skin condition, or an underlying health problem. Good luck 🍀!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing