Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Under eye wrinkles & crows feet?

Spoiler

FC69E8CC-F320-410B-AB09-8BEEB3893302.jpeg

Wiith so many products out there, I was hoping to get some feedback on products people are loving that can help with under eye wrinkles and crows feet. Thank you in advance!

Re: Under eye wrinkles & crows feet?

@Kimqueen  Early 50s here. I'm not trying to "erase" my undereye lines because that's impossible unless 1) I stop making facial expressions for the rest of my life and 2) I get an injectable filler that plumps skin enough to significantly reduce wrinkle depth. I'm a big baby about needles pointed at my face, plus some doctors don't like to do filler under the eyes anyway (too much complication risk for them). So instead, I do these things to soften my lines—though they don't bother me much. (Hey, I've earned those lines after decades of emotional expression.) 

• The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL (used nightly) - no, it can't do what Botox does—though Botox is really more for wrinkle prevention than reversal anyway. But for me, argireline does soften lines a bit when used in conjunction with the next item on this list. Argireline is a peptide so, if nothing else, it should help hydrate your skin. 

• Vitamin A (nightly) - consider a low strength retinol (0.03% is a good starting point) or retinaldehyde (aka retinal; 0.05%) product to build collagen and strengthen the skin around your eyes. Just don't bring that product all the way to your lash line. I use Avene Physiolift Eyes, which seems to be nearly identical to the newer and slightly pricier Avene RetrinAL Eyes product. Physiolift Eyes is available at Ulta and contains 0.05% retinal. I assume RetrinAL Eyes is also 0.05% retinal. 

Aside from adapalene, retinal is the "strongest" form of vitamin A you can buy in the US without a prescription. Retinal works faster than retinol because it needs fewer skin cell conversions to become active retinoic acid. Tretinoin/Retin-A is retinoic acid; it needs no skin cell conversion, so it works the fastest. (I don't recommend using tretinoin around your eyes unless your dermatologist says otherwise. That stuff can be very irritating.) This doesn't mean retinol is less effective than retinal or tretinoin; it just works slower. The first retinol option that comes to mind is The INKEY List Retinol Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL which contains 3% Vitalease; that's a compound that's actually 0.09% retinol. I use retinaldehyde instead of retinol because for my particular skin, the former's less irritating than the latter. Oh, and there's also Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL ; I loved the old version but haven't tried this reformulated version. And some folks like to use one of CeraVe's retinol serums around their eyes. 

Cautionary note: some eye doctors warn against using vitamin A/retinoids very close to the eye because of research suggesting they damage meibomian glands in eyelids. If you have an eye doc and a history of dry eye, check with them or your primary care doc before using any vitamin A product around your eyes. 

• Hydrate and moisturize the heck outta that skin (daily and nightly) - my undereyes have always been the driest skin on my face, so I keep it happy with hydrating and humectant ingredients like hyaluronic acid, polyglutamic acid, PCA, carrageenan, trehalose, peptides, glycerin, etc. Honey extract also works well for some folks. Most mornings, I use The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum 1 oz / 30 mL on my entire face, including the skin around my eyes. I always top it with my AM moisturizer (Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer) while my skin's damp. Some mornings, especially in cold weather, I need to repeat that process 2 or 3 times, laying moisturizer and either water or a hydrating essence/toner. If I'm going out in subzero weather, I seal everything in with a thin layer of a petrolatum-based balm (my favorite is Aquaphor Ointment, but some folks prefer Cerave Healing Ointment or Vaseline) for maximum moisturization. 

• Broad spectrum sunscreen (daily) - minimum SPF 30, applied to all skin exposed to sunlight—including eyelids, even if I'm wearing sunglasses—all year long, regardless of weather or season. Sunscreen is the best preventative anti-aging skincare product on the market. Do you already use one? 

I’m 45 now with no crow’s feet. I think that’s because 1) I’ve used sunscreen since I 12 and 2) Botox on my forehead since my early thirties. So, admittedly, results will vary… I have used Origins Eye Doctor™ Moisture Care For Skin Around Eyes 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  since about 2001. Nothing beats it, except the version from Origins, A Perfect World, with sunscreen, which they discontinued. I’ve had to opt for Supergoop! Bright-Eyed 100% Mineral Eye Cream SPF 40 PA+++ 0.5 oz/ 15 mL during the day. I’m just getting started with Sunday Riley 5 Stars Retinol + Niacinamide Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL at night as a hedge/preventative. Also, big ol’ sunglasses. My dermatologist said those really make a difference. 

Using Botox for wrinkles has become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people are looking for ways to maintain a youthful appearance. If you're considering using Botox for wrinkles, it's important to do your research and understand the potential risks and benefits. One great resource for learning more about buying Botox online is the ultimate guide available at https://pdcosmetics.com/an-ultimate-guide-to-buy-botox-online/. This guide provides valuable information on how to safely and legally purchase Botox online, as well as tips for using it effectively. It's always important to consult with a licensed medical professional before using any cosmetic treatment, including Botox, to ensure that it's safe and appropriate for your individual needs.

@Kimqueen I really love Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus + Eye. I also use an eye cream with retinol twice a week. I am in my mid-40s and have no crows feet yet, but I think it's because of all the skincare I use!

Thanks! I’ll check these out!!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • FC69E8CC-F320-410B-AB09-8BEEB3893302.jpeg
testing