Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Under eye lines

I am 27, I've been noticing lines more under my eyes, i was using The Body Shop Vitamin E cream, but i felt it keep leaving my under eyes and eyelids dark so i stopped using it. I don't have a issue with dark eyes . What is a good product for under eye lines to prevent /help?

Re: Under eye lines

@Garciax I use a retinol product around my eye area as well.  But I started very slowly - and I had been using Retin-A for years on the rest of my face.  DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum

is one that I've read good things about on BIC.  I haven't used it b/c the company won't release the concentration; although I suspect it's low.  I started with FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate

I also rec antioxidants around the eye area.  I use First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum

Good luck!  🙂

Thank you for reply and recommendations!! What do you mea...

Thank you for reply and recommendations!! What do you mean start slow like maybe once a week, every other day..? My skin is sensitive! (gets red very quickly.) did you have any sensitivity? I'll check out the last two products you've recommended. 😊

Re: Thank you for reply and recommendations!! What do you mea...

@Garciax If your skin is very sensitive, then you may wish to start with once a week application.  Once you can tolerate that, you can move up to twice a week and so on.  With retinol is it important that you use a moisturizer - esp since you have sensitive skin.  I like Cetaphil Night Moisturizer for very dry areas, and CeraVe PM for typical dry areas.  A popular moisturizer on BIC is DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer

It's also important to remember that with retinol, dryness and redness are often par for the course.  Unfortunately, it's something you need to build up a tolerance to.

For my personal experience with retinol around the eye area, I started with the FAB and waited three days between applications for two weeks; then waited two days between applications and so on.  There was a little back and forth for me with dryness, so it took a while to build up to use every night.  If I felt especially dry, I just put on more moisturizer and skipped a day or two.

Tag me if you have any other questions.  🙂

You may find this thread helpful:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Retinol-Products-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/4573197#M73648

Under eye lines

When I turned 30 I started using serious eye cream, I'm good with my progress. I suggest retinol. I bathe in it at night. get an eye cream with some of it, start now. for very cheap The Ordinary has a serum you can try around your eyes. But, really you can get it anywhere.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing