Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

THE ORDINARY PRODUCTS

Can anyone give any advice as to what Ordinary serums can actually be applied to the eye area other than the Caffeine one if any? Would really appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks! 😉

Re: THE ORDINARY PRODUCTS

@MaryLOVESkin I love The Ordinary products and I have tried and used so many (I use several daily with great results) My favorites are The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL , which I use morning and night around my eyes, 11s, and lip lines, The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , in the morning all over the face, including eyelids and under eye area, neck, chest and back of hands, and The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL, also all over the face, neck, chest and hands. Those three products have erased some existing lines from my face and have prevented others from appearing. I have used them for years and will continue to do so. The key is to be consistent. 

AWESOME!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! 🙂

Funny, I've actually been looking into the Buffet and wondering if instead of just ordering all types of different products I should just simply get the Buffet in addition to the Argireline that I am actually in the process of purchasing today. Also, been curious about the Amino Acids + B5 as well since I keep reading how great it is but have no clue what it does. Will continue to research further on that one. I actually use quite a few of their products and just LOVE them but lately I've started to notice lines begin to appear around my eye area and decided it's time to use a bit more than just an EYE CREAM + the Caffeine Solution which I now use for depuffing along with a retinol eye cream. So this is certainly helpful! 

Thank you, Thank you! 😉

So happy to help, @MaryLOVESkin ! Also, The Ordinary has a great retinoid called The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL which is great! I used it for many months before jumping to prescription grade retinoids. It has Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, which is the best non prescription retinoid, better than retinol, which this product also has. It is very complete and not irritating. If you are considering a great retinoid, this is it! 

Hello there @Saradestin ! I'm actually on my 2nd bottle of The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL and I just love it! And I ended up purchasing both The Ordinary Buffet Anti-Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  and The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL and JUST starting using those as well! What I've started doing is alternating with both every other day, I use the Grandactive Retinoid one night and then the Buffet/Argireline the next night. I use the combo together by applying the Buffet first and letting it dry for about 10 min and then I apply the Argireline ONLY to the crowfeet area and my forehead lines which is where I am starting to have the most pronounced lines. Do you know if this correct way to apply this combo? And also would you happen to recommend that I use Argireline by itself? 

I've also started to consider using prescription grade retinoids myself and have been reading a lot about Tretinoin. I am super fair skinned and my main concerns are freckles, a little bit of melasma in very small areas ( almost none but I'm thinking prevention!) and then these NEW lines that have just appeared my forehead and crowfeet eye area..

Any thoughts/recommendations would be great since you seem to know what you're talking about! 🙂

Thank you @MaryLOVESkin . I am in my mid 40s so I know about wrinkles, dark spots, texture, lack of elasticity...... 😅 I am happy to hear that you are already using The Ordinary Granactive, it is, in my opinion, the best non prescription retinoid and at a great price tag. Regarding how to use the products you bought, I would use the Argireline first and the Buffet after. The thinner formulations should always go first and the Argireline is water texture. Then I would apply the Buffet. The Buffet is great but the Copper Buffet is even better (that’s why it is more expensive) I started with the Buffet and upgraded to the Copper peptides later on (there is no need to get used to it so you can upgrade at any time. I apply Argireline only over crows feet, lip lines and11s, every morning and night. I use the Buffet in the morning (after Argireline) and the retinoids at night. The most important thing todo is to ALWAYS USE SUNSCREEN,!!  Please do! It doesn’t make sense to waste your money in skincare to ruin all the work and effort by exposing your skin to the sun unprotected. Then use a self tanner or makeup to even up the tone of your skin, but don’t ruin your beautiful skin by over exposing to the harmful sun! 

Thank you for your GREAT advise! I just started using sunscreen on its own since up to now I've only been using moisturizers that already had SPF protection but this year I decided on purchasing a sunscreen separately. Thnx again!! 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing