Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Sunday Riley

I use Sunday Riley Juno, Drunk Elephant C serum and Luna and an Aveda moisturizer. I have also read great things about Good Genes. I am confused on how to layer each product for morning and night. Do I need a moisturizer with the oils? I love the oils. 

Re: Sunday Riley

First things first, that's a lot of actives (exfoliating prdoucts). In order to avoid irritating your skin, you most definitely want to be using a good moisturizer and GG is definitely not a moisturizer. For many people this would be too much to use in one routine but that's highly dependent on your own skin.

I'd recommend using the vitamin C serum in the a.m. before moisturizer and sunscreen. Then possibly layering the Luna and GG after your cleanser in the evening. Juno can be used in conjunction with your moisturizer to help keep your skin moisturized. 

And don't forget the sunscreen every morning! With so many exfoliating products, your skin is at risk for sun damage if you don't wear it

@simstho 

Re: Sunday Riley

@simstho I personally never ended up liking the good genes myself, but I did find it to be fairly moisturizing so that with an oil might be enough. I personally layer oils over my moisturizer- especially in the winter- to help boost hydration. I would look at the directions from the websites for these productsto see what the brands/makers suggest for order of layering, but generally I wouldn't do more than serum+oil or Serum+moisturizer or moisturizer+oil 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing