Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Sun spots

Hi there,

I’m 41 and am very much regretting my lack of sunscreen use through my younger days! Anyone found a product that effectively fades sun spots? It seems my forehead has quite the collection! And I’m very serious about wearing daily sunscreen now 😎

Re: Sun spots

@kaycee28 

Typically you'd be looking at Vitamin C serums for brightening; AHA/BHA or Glycolic Acid for exfoliation/brightening, or a retinol/retinoid for skin cell turnover. Niacinamide in the formulation also helps. Some of these ingredients could be topicals like a serum/cream, or in a peel. A peel will give you quicker results, but may be more irritating.

Not sure what you're looking for price-wise, so I will try to provide hi and lo in recommendations. 

Peels (Note that if you go this route, be sure to do a spot test for sensitivity, prior to doing a full-face application).

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 

philosophy The Microdelivery Vitamin C Resurfacing Peel 

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 28 Pads 

Vitamin C

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® 

OLEHENRIKSEN 3 Little Wonders™ #  - Covers off the Vitamin C and the AHA

For a cheaper Vitamin C, you could try the Derma E Concentrated Serum or cream - available at Ulta

Retinol

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

#Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM  - This also has Vitamin C. The retinol is micro-encapsulated, time-released, and suspended in squalane, so it is more gentle than most retinols.

The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml 

Re: Sun spots

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for being so incredibly helpful.... skincare can be so overwhelming 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing