Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Suggestions for mattifying old skin?

Some days I just don’t want to put on the full face. I’m an old and the shiny look just looks like I gave up on life. I’m looking for something that lightly covers but also will be matte on my t zone without making me look even older. Does this exist???

RE: Suggestions for mattifying old skin?

I’m in my mid-50s and I use Eminence Minerals Defense as my daily go to. Shuts down my pours and smooths our my complexion. I do 3 passes with the applicator. In the attached photo I only have Algenist Correcting primer and Eminence Mineral Defense.

Re: Suggestions for mattifying old skin?

@lrly  If you still want some kind of foundation coverage, try using a mattefying primer first—but use it only on your oily zone. Then apply a light coverage/sheer foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB/CC cream to your entire face. 

My combo skin’s oily zone is on and around my nose. In hot weather, I cover that area with LANCôME - Blur & Go Stick . Sometimes I follow up with a light dusting of setting powder; I like Beauty Bakerie Flour translucent powder for my oily zone, but there are many other options. (I don’t use that powder anywhere else on my face; my dry zones don’t like it.) There are also more primer options, but I like the Lancôme stick because it works well for me and it’s very portable, so I can touch up the oil slick in the middle of my face as needed. 

I don’t wear true foundation anymore, but once in a rare while I’ll use a tinted moisturizer/skin tint—usually MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Perfector Skin Tint Foundation SPF 25 or Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 16C Real Suede. I apply mattefying primer to my oily zone, then apply skin tint all over my face, and finally set my oily zone with BB Flour. 

@lrly for my t-zone I use MAC prep and prime skin refined zone

Like you, shiny-faced is not a good look on me. I just started using Pretty Vulgar's foundation. It has a matte finish that stays matte all 10 hours on the job. What a brand name, but what a great product.

@SportyGirly125 wrote:

@lrly for my t-zone I use MAC prep and prime skin refined zone

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
testing