Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Age Defiers

Skincare products for late 30s

I am approaching 40 and am looking for a new skincare regimen.  I am currently using the Patricia Wexler products and like them - don't love them.  I was wondering what products you all would recommend.  I am trying to control wrinkles and fine lines.  If it can help with eye circles too - it would be great!

Re: Skincare products for late 30s

Yes, love our mods.  Gotta keep the cray-crays at bay.  (That's me trying to talk chill-style.  Working?)

@drrragon- Amen! The mods are another part of the greatness of BT!

Highlighted

Lots of good advice on this thread.  The best product depends on your skin type, concerns, etc.  I would just add that a non-foaming cleanser is really great.  I like Laura Mercier Flawless Oil Cleanser.  It doesn't make your skin feel tight (like more wrinkles are forming).  I also use an exfoilator twice per week.  My favorite is Murad Pomegranate Mask.  Also, you must, must, must use a sunscreen.  (I know, I sound like a mother...wait, I am one!)  I would say that nothing has helped my skin like sunscreen.  It's not enough to treat, you must protect.  I like Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free SPF 42.

I think the biggest thing is consistency.  Shop.  Pick a product based on concerns, ratings/reviews.  Try it for 2 - 3 weeks at a minimum to see if you like it and it's working.  Do not expect miracles overnight.  I've tried some great products that look/feel fantastic, then it's like my skin gets used to it so it doesn't work anymore.  You're in this for the long haul.  Just take care of yourself.

I second the Murad Mask.  It's my #1 fav skin care product, and I think it's one of the things that has helped stop my cystic acne.  Love those nights when it's Mask Nite!

Thanks for all the great advice!  My skin is pretty normal, with minimal signs of agining at this point!  I do get some break-outs (never did as a teen ager so it's getting me now!).  I ordered a Clarisonic and am excited! 

I agree about the exfoliating.  I'm in the same boat you are (I turn 40 at the end of the month) but I have been using the Murad line for my daily skin routine for about 2 years now and LOVE it!  I use the Murad Vitamin C exfoliating peel twice a week too.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos3
  • swfupload_5154011029087491308.jpg
  • swfupload_7532606821686825710.jpg
  • swfupload_5852545970696949912.jpg