Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Skincare help for 60

Hi, I want to make sure I am doing all I can do at my age for skincare.  During the day I use Prevage Anti-Aging triple defense broad spectrum sunscreen spf 50, every other day under that I use SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic.  Since it is warm my skin becomes oily.  Night routine:  Every other day I use Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (I use this at night on the days that I do not use SkinCeuticals).  The nights I use Tretinoin I let my face dry for 20 minutes then I add CeraVe moisturizer for night.  I use Replenix All-Trans Retinol Eye Repair Cream every night.   I will also add Clarins Huile Lotus Oil every night only around my nose and mouth, do not want oils getting in my hair at night.  My off nights that I do not use Tretinoin I then use my moisturizer, Elite Fortified Facial Cream.  I know this sounds really complicated but I'm use to it.  I also add in a cream for my neck.  Should I add vitamin C for uneven skin tone and at night to take my make-up off all I've been able to use is Dove Moisturizing bar, I've tried so many different cleansers but I become allergic to them, I have loads of allergies on top of this.  My skin is sensitive.  I've been taking care of my skin since 10th grade and plan to stay that way.  2nd Question:  Not sure about what moisturizer I should use at night when not using Tretinoin, I've being hearing about Drunk Elephant..... my skin seems to drink the moisturizer and then feels like I do not have any on.  I've tried the gels made for hydration at night and the creams w/gel but it's like they soak in and I never put anything on, my skin itches, becomes dry.  Help!

UPDATE.  I've now am dealing with rosacea and dermatitis.  I'm using a cream prescribed by my Dermatologist, 2 different creams for spot application.  I asked him about what I can use at night to remove make-up, many do not remove the make-up but are gentle : CeraVe, etc.  I told him I've been using Dove moisturizing bar, he said if it works use it, that doesn't help me, I worry about a film left over plus I am very sensitive to cleansing products so it's been so hard to find what to use, I am going to look into the Dermalogica Ultracalming Line, I feel as if my skin is screaming at me.  I'm so confused regarding anti-aging products, cleansing products and a day and night regime. Maybe I should see the aesthetician  in the office of my Dermatologist?

Re: Skincare help for 60

Dove can leave a film on the skin and dry the skin out. Have you used products for sensitized skin, like Dermalogica ultracalming line?

Gel moisturizers are more for skin that produces more oil. Sounds like you're dehydrated, yes the retinol is attributing. 

Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, blue bottle, more creamy, and  their oil free moisture sensitive skin, white bottle, water based, are both very gentle.

Have you had a follow up with the derm, since adding tretinoin? How long have you been using?

You're using a lot of heavy duty products, I wouldn't add more and focus on normalizing the skin barrier.

Humidifier can help too.

Re: Skincare help for 60

Hi, TrysBeautyItem thank you for replying.

I tried many skincare lines only to have problems, I never tried the Dermalogica lines although I was told about but it but afraid of flare ups, I will give this one a try.  I have purchased the blue bottle of Neutrogena, used it tonight. 

It's more at night that I need hydration, during the day I'd rather use something light since it's warmer.

I've been using retinol for 9 years, yes I follow up with the dermatologist.  I want to calm and hydrate my skin at night but I'm not sure what moisturizer to use on the nights I do not use the retinol.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing