Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Skin tags?

What do you all do for them? I hate them! Help!

RE: Skin tags?

I have recently developed some of these too and have been looking for solutions besides a doctors visit because that is really hard to do right now. I’m curious if home wart removals such as freezing would work in skin tags too? Sorry for asking a question in response to your question but I got excited someone asked about this too lol

Re: Skin tags?

@Mianda Like @SportyGirly125 said, you can have them frozen or lazered off by a doctor. (while a derm will do a better job of it, if they're really bothering you, I've had success in getting my GP to take them off too.) This is the easiest and most painless method for removing skin tags.

However, if you don't have access to a doctor right now, you can also tie a skin tag off with a piece of thin thread. This cuts off the blood flow, and you then wait for it to fall off. The downside of this is that the initial tie-off does sting, and it's uncomfortable and awkward to have a piece of string attached to you for the week-or-so it will take for the skin tag to die.

Alternatively, you could snip it off with a very sharp pair of scissors. This is much quicker than tying them off, but it's also more painful. (If you do this, don't forget to sanitize the scissors properly beforehand, e.g. with boiling water and/or rubbing alcohol.)

Re: Skin tags?

@Mianda @You can have them Lasered off at the dermatologist. Also sometimes tea tree oil helps to get some of them off. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing