Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Skin face breakage

I have been having Skin acne breakage now at the age of 61, I have been trying everything others had recommended, but don't seem to work, I even had a prescribed lotion cleanser and cream for nighttime and what it did may my skin irritated with a rash that now turn into dark spots. What can I use clear it.

Thank you in advance

Re: Skin face breakage

@Fina60  I'm sorry to say this, but I suspect that if a dermatologist (presumably the person who prescribed the lotion cleanser and cream?) can't resolve this issue for you, it's beyond what the Sephora community can assist you with. Your best bet would be to go back to the dermatologist (or a different one), explaining that you reacted badly to the prescription products. Clearly your skin is sensitive to something in the prescriptions, so you know that you react to certain ingredients. A dermatologist ought to be able to help you figure this out.

I would also visit your doctor, to see if there may be any underlying health issues causing this change in your skin.

In the meantime, things within your power to try are elimination diets (I mention this because my mother gets breakouts the day after eating chocolate), or even a food journal to start with - log what you eat, and how your skin feels/reacts later that day and the following day. You could also try washing your face with nothing but lukewarm water for a week or two. If that starts resolving the issue, you know it's something you're applying to your skin that's the issue.

Good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing