Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Retinol

I have used retinol products for several years and during the winter I usually have to stop them because my face becomes too sensitive. This year when I used my Retinol my face looks awful the next day, so I waited a week try that again, same thing one more week same thing again. Has this ever happened to anyone? I’m also wondering if maybe my face doesn’t want Retinol any more just AHA/BHA. During summer I normally switch off between the two every other day. I am in my 50s.

Re: Retinol

Retinol is a product that the skin needs time to adjust to. When starting off, id suggest to use only twice a week. Then build up the tolerance, Otherwise you can over dry the skin and cause peeling, and even damage the skins barrier.

Your skin tends to be dryer in the winter and therefore the Retinol may be too harsh on your skin. Id suggest cutting down and only applying it every second day and see how it goes.. etc... If you are still seeing that reaction Id suggest using some sort of glycolic moisturizer or an AHA/BHA.

Good Luck!

RE: Re: Retinol

Thanks, this is the same Retinol I use every single year, it’s just weird how it’s drying my skin out too much maybe it’s my age😥
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing