Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Retinol products that don't test on animals?

I've decided to take the plunge and start using a retinol product for anti-aging (about to turn 30 with dry sensitive skin). I was hoping to find a product that does not test on animals and unfortunately the two best reviewed products , Algenist and Peter Thomas Roth, do. I am really having trouble finding one with good reviews and starting to think one just does not exist. I've seen the Dr. Dennis Gross line but every review I read says it is over priced and does little.

I'm not a vegan so that's not a necessity, I just don't really support animal testing for non-essential products like makeup.

Re: Retinol products that don't test on animals?

I have been using Amara Organics Retinol serum with great success. It did not dry out my skin, irritate my skin, or clog my pores. I am so happy to have found this wonderful product. My skin feels softer and my wrinkles are definitely softer too.

I strive for cruelty-free too…and it can be really challenging.

Like Amysangel below, I have had amazing results with Sunday Riley. I use Good Genes, but recently purchased Bionic and swear I have never used anything better...ever. Bionic has a retinoid-like ingredient that isn't irritating/drying, which is good for those of us with skin sensitivities. These products are expensive, however, so depending on your price point, these may be out of reach. I didn't much like Luna or Tidal, but everyone is different.

I have also had some good experiences with REN, which is a little more natural (their wake-wonderful nighttime facial is amazing). I was into their Evercalm products for awhile, but didn't find that it hydrated enough…so if you're like me with dryness, you might want to shop around their line a bit to see if they have anything with a little more moisture.

Another good one is Farmacy--I love their anti-aging serum paired with Bionic. That's all I use each night. 

I have super dry skin too, and I've noticed that the Bionic at night and Farmacy's Rise N' Shine moisture lock in the morning have saved me this winter. 

Who makes Bionic? TIA. 

Hello, I really respect you for this stand. I hope more women join you every day. Best wishes, Rachel

My favorite vegan and cruelty free retinol product is Dr. Dennis Gross' Ferulic Acid Retinol Brightening Solution. So good!

http://www.sephora.com/ferulic-acid-retinol-brightening-solution-P375269?browserdefault=true&om_mmc=...

I am loving Sunday Riley and the brand is cruelty free. Luna and Good Genes are amazing. I purchased the Power Couple to try out the products before investing in the full size. Hope this might help in your search!

I use Paula's Choice Resist 1% Retinol Booster. Paula's Choice doesn't test on animals.

Like you, I have sensitive skin, so if you try the Retinol Booster, be sure to use just a small amount in the beginning and don't use it too frequently.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors