Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Retin A Woes! Please Help. Skin is lookin' Oooold!

I have been using Retin-a .25% concentration for about two years now and I just started a brand new gel tube.  I was previously using cream, I thought my skin was getting used to this concentration finally but I was wrong.  With this new tube, I have some major peeling on my under my eye area, my nose, and a little around the corners of my mouth, everywhere else is fine.  I use Belief's eye moisture bomb in the morning before I put on my makeup (I use IT Cosmetics CC cream).  It's fine for maybe 3-4 hours but after that the skin flaking is totally visible.  I can't reapply my face moisturizer because it removes the makeup.  I'm looking at maybe a facial mist to help reduce the appearance of all this flaky crepe looking skin during the day.  Any suggestions on a good facial mist or maybe a tinted moisturizer? I'm not looking to spend a ton since it'll stay at my desk in my office.

Anonymous Insider

Retin A Woes! Please Help. Skin is lookin' Oooold!

This happened to me big time with prescription strenghth retinol! I actually peeled it off...had to rub some,U know bad,right? wuth a hot washcloth.Even though was a littke raw the beauty was when it gealed in a few days the skin was perfect underneath,not a line one! Like I was 18 and didn't have to use cintinuelously.Lasted a year!

Re: Retin A Woes! Please Help. Skin is lookin' Oooold!

Hi dollyparts! 

I swear by, use daily, and ALSO keep at my desk Dr. Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Perfect Skin Set & Refresh Mist. It keep redness at bay and addresses my dry patches - plus it smells amazing. Worth every scent and it lasts awhile! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/c-collagen-perfect-skin-set-refresh-mist-P411361?skuId=1862309&icid2...

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing