cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Recommendations for retinol, SPF, Vit C products

Hi all, 

I’m looking for tried & tested product recommendations focusing on Retinol, SPF & Vit C. I’m 35, with combination skin (that’s more on the drier side!) and I’m wondering if there are products out there that offer all-in-one kind of solution? I just like keeping things to the minimum, so the less jars/tubes in my skin-care drawer, the better! Thanks for your help! 

RE: Recommendations for retinol, SPF, Vit C products

I am 37 and have used retinol products since I was in my young 20s. It’s absolutely the only ingredient that works. I look at the ingredients list and if the retinol or retinoids are not in the first 5 listed I won’t buy it. Without a prescription the strongest you can get it peter Thomas Roth and they make a 3% serum. If you don’t have sensitive skin I would start with that.

Re: Recommendations for retinol, SPF, Vit C products

@sanao I'm a huge advocate for SPF use! well sun protection in general.  I enjoy the #Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light under my make up in the morning, as the day goes on I've used a few different powder products #Peter Thomas Roth instant mineral SPF or the SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45arenice.  I also always have an SPF spray on hand if I'm not feeling the powders.  The COOLA Organic Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 1.5 ozr the Ulta brand SPF setting spray are good ones.  I find these work well over make up as a bit of a touch up, but are not enough protection if I'm going to be outside much.  

If you're set on having multi use products I find the clarins can often substitute for my foundation (they do have a limited shade range though), and by using a setting spray or setting powder with SPF I feel like any touch ups are quick and help me both by setting/deslicking and giving me some sun protection.

Thanks for your help! 🙂  @missjeanie

Keep in mind retinol can cause sun sensitivity, so easier to use at night or remember to reapply spf throughout the day religiously. Also you'll need a standalone spf product to get adequate protection like Cotz, Australia  Gold Botanicals, Elta MD.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing