Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Over 40 Beauty

Hello my over 40 club! haha! I found a new favorite product from Tatcha and felt compelled to share. It's called The Silk Canvas. For real...I'm impressed. As a woman in her mid-40's, I love how it immediately smoothed out my skins texture without that weighted "primer" feel. and it's hydrating, too! Everything looked blurred as if I added an Instagram filter. haha! My foundation applied soooooo smoothly AND it was really great to use alone on my day off! 🙂 

Side note: It comes with a little spatula to scoop some out, but I know Iamazing!!!! Attention Over 40 Club!!!amazing!!!! Attention Over 40 Club!!! will lose it eventually so I just wedge it into the actual product and close the lid. I also found that once the new top layer of the product is used, it's easy to just use your fingers  (If you're concerned about keeping it finger free, and you end up losing the included spatula, i recommend a cotton tip applicator).

Has anyone else tried this gem of a product yet???? 

I LOVE IT!

RE: Over 40 Beauty

I went in for one little item and walked out with a small bag and a big dent in the bank account. This was one of the items. I so wanted to love it as I normally use J One. I started breaking out and I’m over 50 so that’s not acceptable. I weeded out all the possibilities and it came down to this product doesn’t work for my skin. I was sooo sad because I didn’t even have a close enough friend (local) to give it to. I held onto it for a month then tossed it out and it had such little use. I’m glad it worked for others but I’ll have to stick to JOne

Re: Over 40 Beauty

I have, and I love it. And like you, I use it on days when I don’t wear makeup. It’s like .. invisible foundation. It blurs some of my hyperpigmentation spots, and leaves me looked put together, without makeup. 

I’ll put air on my list for later

Thanks for the photo and review @ProAmy! Although I don't need any more primers, I'm very curious about this one and have heard nothing but great things so far. I just might pick this up during the Spring sale!

@ProAmy  I'm so happy to see a photo of this.  Would you say it adds a noticeable amount of color to the face?  It looks pretty tinted.  Thanks!

Hello! It it’s actually

@Ispend2much6wrote:

@ProAmy  I'm so happy to see a photo of this.  Would you say it adds a noticeable amount of color to the face?  It looks pretty tinted.  Thanks!

pretty translucent. It did offer a brightening though. 

@ProAmy  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6 I got a sample of it yesterday in store. It has no color really. Goes on white-ish and disappears. It did seem to do a pretty good job of cancelling out some redness on my face and i haven’t noticed any settling in my lines. But then again, this is my first time trying it out. I’ll get back to you when I have more to report

@jozkid  Thank you!  I'd love to know.

Ok @Ispend2much6. I’ve been wearing the Tatcha for the last three days and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with it. It doesn’t make me “glow” like someone’s photo did, but I have noticed a definite blurring effect. It fills in pores and lines extremely well and leaves a very smooth canvas to apply makeup. I have a problem with things settling in my forehead lines and this has helped considerably. I’ve also noticed that it seems to help cut my redness (which is awesome!) and it really seems to make my makeup last all day. All in all I think it gets a 👍. I might have to pick this up come April!

@jozkid  Thanks for the info!  My pores at the sides of my nose need to be concealed, and seem to get worse if I lose weight, and redness, are both issues so this sounds wonderful!

Thx @ProAmy! I hear nothing but good of this product.  Need to check it out 😉

Ohhhhhh - I keep hearing about this, but have yet to try it!   Thank you so much for the thorough review, @ProAmy! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

@ProAmy Yes! I also am really enjoying this product. My pores are very visible, and it did a very nice job blurring everything! Also, I found that I did not need as much as indicated by the applicator. It applies best for me when I go about 2/3 of the suggested line.

PrettyPaint, oh for sure! I on,y needed a small amount on my face andadded the rest to my neck and décolletage 

great call out! 

@PrettyPaintwrote:

@ProAmy Yes! I also am really enjoying this product. My pores are very visible, and it did a very nice job blurring everything! Also, I found that I did not need as much as indicated by the applicator. It applies best for me when I go about 2/3 of the suggested line.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 58 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • amazing!!!! Attention Over 40 Club!!!
testing