Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Nighttime moisturizer that will not react with my retinol treatment?

I've read that you shouldn't use a moisturizer that contains exfoliants or Vitamin C when using a retinol. Any recommendations from gals currently using Retin-A  or retinol treatments? BTW, I have normal-to-dry skin. Thanks!

the safest, tamest ones would be Cetaphil or CeraVe facia...

the safest, tamest ones would be Cetaphil or CeraVe facial moisturizers, you can find them at any drugstore

I use Retin-A, and I generally avoid exfoliating products (especially with AHAs, etc.) on the nights that I use it -- but check with your dermatologist -- it may be okay to rotate certain ones with Retin-A.

Since Retin-A tends to dry the skin, I use extra hydrating moisturizers. I love Caudalie's Quenching Sorbet Creme, which is lightweight but super hydrating, even for dry, sensitive skin: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P271704&categoryId=B70.

For a non-Sephora recommendation, try La Roche-Posay Nutritic (which contains immediately absorbing biolipids, glycerin and shea butter for thorough hydration). This is probably the most hydrating product I have ever used.

: )

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing