Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Never get the free gifts

I absolutely LOVE LOVE Tatcha dewy skin cream, I got my 74 mothers hooked to we literally just bought the full-size biggest one, the issue I have is when Sephora offers me free gifts this time it is Strivectin Peptight Tightening Neck Roller didn't get it... and the Belif Aqua Bomb Vitamin C Cream says added to cart even on check out added to order, Last time it was Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen didn't get it, the time before that it was First Aid Beauty Ltd Ultra Repair Cream Packette and Keys Soul Care Golden Cleanser, every time says added to order and on check out says added, why offer it if they never put it in the order? I won't even bother going to that section if you aren't going to add anything I want or am offered to my purchase. I tell you and you add just a few points?

Re: Never get the free gifts

I think part of the issue may be the fulfillment center. I almost never get samples, and if I do, they're often not the ones I requested. But I generally get the rewards I've requested, and also the beauty offers requests. Most of my orders are filled out of Richmond, BC - maybe if you're in Ontario, they go out of stock faster?

That said, I agree that it's frustrating. I assume they have a counter of sorts that tells them when a sample or reward has run out - can't they inform their customers? I mean, the freebies and samples/trial sizes are a lot of what I enjoy about Sephora, because it's like a mini-Christmas that way, getting gifts.

I also wonder, and my apologies to the vast majority of Sephora warehouse workers that I'm sure are totally honest, if sometimes these things get taken by warehouse employees. I had a Farmacy Green Clean trial size arrive with a very distinct finger swipe (including fingernail gouge) across the top of it. Customer service refunded my points, but still...! I've also had "samples" arrive with the packaging but no actual sample.

All in all, I think Sephora could stand to fine-tune its website fulfillment practices, but maybe they also need to give more freebies to their warehouse workers. When I was counter manager for Prescriptives in Phoenix, Arizona, many MANY years ago, they "comped" us for so many dollars every six months. Knowing I had that let me daydream and plan just how to spend my comp. That said, all the women in the department store's beauty department were frustrated that we weren't permitted to take home samples of the products we were selling, to try them ourselves and hence provide better advice to our customers. I recognize that there's latitude for abuse in every system, but honestly - sample packs given to warehouse workers might go a long way.

Re: Never get the free gifts

I just complained about not getting any of the free gifts today. They gave 100 points in exchange for inconvenience. You should try that. I just used the chat with customer service. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing