Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Need new products for my now 40 year old skin

Hi Everyone,

I really can use some help. I'm using First Aid Beauty primer and moisturizer. Clinque concealer under my eyes and Kat Von D lock-it powder foundation. I'm having problems with my makeup staying on my nose. And it is also starting to creep into my wrinkle on my forehead. and my concealer is looking thick and crapey. I'll take any recommendations.

Thanks..

Re: Need new products for my now 40 year old skin

Hi @Mocurls!

I'm 41 and have combo/oily skin that is slightly dehydrated, sometimes sensitive and acne prone.  My under eye area on the other hand is very dry.  I'll share my skincare routine and also my makeup routine: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-for-sensitive-oily-skin-that-is-sli...

Let me know if you have any questions about any of these products or if you'd like any other recommendations as I've played around a bit with a variety.

I hope you find this helpful!

Hi @Mocurls, have you thought about changing from powder to liquid foundation, or to something lighter like a bb?  I'm a longtime devotee to bare minerals powder foundation, but I've actually been using less and less lately because it gives me a cakey look on my cheeks under my eyes.  Happy to share more about my routine if you think it will be helpful. 

@RachFace2921 would love to hear more

After all my moisturizer and spf, I've been using a light coat of primer (I use smashbox photo finish)  then philosophy renewed hope in a jar skintint.  I do my concealer over the tint (just undereye, and I try to keep it as light as possible, and contained to where I have circles).  I then blot everything with a beauty blender or sponge.   Dont wipe, tap to eliminate any streaks or finger marks in the tint.

In the past, I would dust a bit of powder foundation over that.  Recently, I stopped doing the powder and found my skin looked way better at days end @Mocurls.  

What kind of concealer are you using. I’m using Clinique and not happy with it. 

LOL, I use Clinique beyond perfecting super concealer @Mocurls!  It works ok for undereye, but is terrible for blemishes and marks.  I keep some bare minerals concealer on hand for that.  It's creamier, and doesn't dry down as much.  I find it a bit heavy for my undereye, however.  Upon reading this, I'm starting to feel like the Goldilocks of concealers!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing