From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Age Defiers

Age Defiers

• 62619 Members
  • 1960 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Wrinkle warriors unite! Whether you’re interested in preventative skincare or potential treatments, discuss new beauty routines and age-defying skincare tips with our community.

Wrinkle warriors unite! Whether you’re interested in preventative skincare or potential treatments, discuss new beauty routines and age-defying skincare tips with our community.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Age Defiers
Help to conceal sunken under eyes with puffy bags
|
Re: Help to conceal sunken under eyes with puffy bags
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I have the same “finely antiqued” under eye glam look. I saw another response mentionNatasha Denona Hy-Glam Brightening & Hydratin ...read more
I have the same “finely antiqued” under eye glam look. I saw another response mentionNatasha Denona Hy-Glam Brightening & Hydrating Medium to Full Coverage Crease Proof Serum Concealer In my eyes, THE all time best concealer ever! Its smooth texture and incredibly long blending capabilities can’t be compared. It doesn’t crease, if applied properly, and looks flawless all day long.
New Post in Age Defiers
Does Bryan Johnson Routine Work?
What should I get to follow his routine?
What should I get to follow his routine?
New Post in Age Defiers
Fine lines on my forehead!
 Hello! I am currently 28, and looking for some solid advice on treating the fine lines on my forehead. I’ve simplified my skin ca ...read more
 Hello! I am currently 28, and looking for some solid advice on treating the fine lines on my forehead. I’ve simplified my skin care routine. Bonus points if you can offer advice on the dryness/redness around my nostrils! thanks 🙂 pic of my bare skin right now
  • 9218C6E5-5107-41F9-9C4E-4258548F92A6.jpeg
New Reply in Age Defiers
Fine lines on forehead
|
Re: Fine lines on forehead
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: You must have such a beautifully expressive face! I love that!! I have a few ideas for you. Of course sunscreen, which I see you a ...read more
You must have such a beautifully expressive face! I love that!! I have a few ideas for you. Of course sunscreen, which I see you already use every day (well done! This is something I wish I could go back 30 years and tell my 17 year old self!!). The others are: 1. Do not sleep in your makeup. (As tired as you are, don't do it)2. Use moisturizer (LaRoche Posay Double Repair is great and comes in a matte formula for daytime. They also make a Toleriane eye cream that I love - you do NOT need to spend a lot of $$ on skincare!). During the day, use the moisturizer under your SPF (don't mix them, you can put them on separately and they will each do their job). If you're oily, you still need moisturizer. The excess oil production teenagers have is often due to their skin being dry and overworking trying to regulate itself.3. Your skin is still too young for actives (vitamin C or retinoids) and be careful when using AHA/BHA, because they could strip your skin, drying it out, and making your skin more susceptible to fine lines, redness, and breakouts.4. Once every 3-6 months - if you can afford it - get a facial and build a relationship with an aesthetician. She will help you balance your skin, avoid mistakes, and put you on the path to bright glowing skin. 5. Also, with spring/summer around the corner, after swimming in a pool, splash your face with tap water to rinse the chlorine off your skin before it dries you out (before swimming in a pool, drench your hair with tap water to seal it from the damaging pool water...but hair care is for another day!) I hope this helps! Enjoy being 17!!
New Reply in Age Defiers
Anti-Aging Beauty Routines
|
Re: Anti-Aging Beauty Routines
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: When I first started out, I used the Sunday Riley "Wake Up with Me" and "Go to Bed with Me" kits. They were the perfect size to tr ...read more
When I first started out, I used the Sunday Riley "Wake Up with Me" and "Go to Bed with Me" kits. They were the perfect size to try for a month to see how my skin reacted.
New Reply in Age Defiers
Skin care
|
Re: Skin care
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: It's definitely individual and takes a lot of trial and error (and patience!) to find what works for you, but I will share my rout ...read more
It's definitely individual and takes a lot of trial and error (and patience!) to find what works for you, but I will share my routine with you in the hopes that it will get you started. AM: gentle cleanser, Toner, Vitamin C serum, Peptide serum, eye cream (Clarins Total Eye), face cream (Augustinus Bader), SPF**Wait for SPF to soak into skin before starting makeup** Makeup: Foundation (Armani luminous silk), Concealer (Haus Labs), Blush (Patrick Ta), Loose powder (Givenchy Prism Libre), Bronzer (Pat McGrath), Eye base (Urban Decay), Eyeshadow (Pat McGrath), Brow (Kosas Gel + Benefit pencil), Mascara (Tower 28), Lip Liner (Huda Beauty), Lip Gloss (Patrick Ta), Setting Spray (Charlotte Tilbury) PM: Oil Cleanser, Gentle Cleanser, Toner, Retinal Eye Serum, Retinal Face Serum, Peptide serum, Eye cream, Face Cream (Augustinus Bader), Lip Mask (Laneige). (2x/week, I skip retinoids and use the Dr. Dennis gross peel pads)
New Reply in Age Defiers
sephora age limit
|
Re: sephora age limit
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I agree that not all kids are bad, and it's a shame that a few are ruining the fun for the rest of them. I've seen well behaved, r ...read more
I agree that not all kids are bad, and it's a shame that a few are ruining the fun for the rest of them. I've seen well behaved, respectful kids in our Sephora. In fact, last weekend a girl (about 12yo) was with her dad, who encouraged her to ask me what I thought about the products she wanted. I did my best to help her, because I wanted her to feel good! I actually think Sephora should open a SephoraJr companion store filled with gentle skin care and "beginner" make up at lower prices than the premiere brands. Have it set up more like a counter where they can try out products, but stock is behind the counter where the SAs are to help. They should have weekly clinics on how to apply makeup (for every day, for the big dance, etc), how to take care of their skin (especially during a breakout), and how to take advantage of sales and points. Instead of kicking them out, teach them!
New Reply in Age Defiers
Sunscreen empties
|
Re: Sunscreen empties
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: If I'm in a pinch, I will use the Murad sunblock, but once I started using K sunscreens, I haven't gone back. They feel TOTALLY di ...read more
If I'm in a pinch, I will use the Murad sunblock, but once I started using K sunscreens, I haven't gone back. They feel TOTALLY different than anything sold in the US. They play really nicely under makeup, my skin drinks it up (no greasy feel at all), and it works.
New Post in Age Defiers
Sun spots
I have sunspots on my face which makes me so insecure of going out make up free. I always cover it up with make up.What is the bes ...read more
I have sunspots on my face which makes me so insecure of going out make up free. I always cover it up with make up.What is the best beauty regimen and brand to eliminate/minimize sun spots?Where in Toronto can i get picosure laser
7,534 Posts