Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Moisturizer & serum

I am 39 and have been using Ole Henriksen Vitamin C serum and Sheer moisturizer for years. I like the products but I feel like I need to step it up some. My main concerns are tightening and find lines. Does anyone have a suggestion for the combo without hitting the pocketbook too hard?

Re: Moisturizer & serum

What is "Too Hard"? It sounds like you may want to introduce a retinol to use at night. Are you using the Vit C serum in the morning? There are many good retinol serum's on the market; Algenist makes one (Firming and Lifting serum) that is $100+. It does last a while because you are only using it once a day. Also, Dr. Dennis Gross makes a Ferulic and Retinol Serum. That price point is a little cheaper. The Ordinary also makes one that is very cheap; I believe under $20. I haven't tried it, but folks I know who have do enjoy it. 

Yes, I use it on the morning. Would retinol be too drying...

Yes, I use it on the morning. Would retinol be too drying? Thanks!

Re: Yes, I use it on the morning. Would retinol be too drying...

That depends. The strength of the retinol matters. OTC retinols tend to be a bit weaker than the prescription ones, but it's important to know your skin, continue checking as you use it to see how your skin is doing, and ensuring you use a good moisturizer. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing