Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Mid 20’s skin care

Hello! I’m 25 and the morning I woke up on my birthday I started noticing the first signs of aging (fine lines around my eyes and what not). I honestly have no idea where to start as far as skin care to take care of this or to get ahead of it. I have the sample sizes of the Drunk Elephant day and night serum. Should I be adding in some kind of retinol into my routine? Thanks!

Re: Mid 20’s skin care

@valliebono Yes, I would incorporate a retinol!  I like FAB Retinol Serum which is .25%.  Start slowly (even every few days at first) and work from there.

AHA is also important, as are antioxidants.  Good luck!  🙂

Hi @valliebono,

The most important anti aging product, besides sunscreen, is eye cream. Why? The first signs of aging show up under the eyes and show your age. I highly recommend investing in a great eye cream and sunscreen. My favorite is the SHISEIDO - Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream. It's a thick, creamy eye cream that works great for day and night with anti aging benefits.

Sunscreen wise I've been using Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light for years. It's super light and tinted, so it evens out my skin tone.

Stay Gorgeous (and young forever!),

Penelope

RE: Mid 20’s skin care

Our skin enters a new stage in our mid twenties, so yes you can start using retinol. Just don’t over do it. I’ve been using and loving Luna from Sunday Riley. I feel like it’s gentle but effective enough for my still young skin.

You can add retinol, but your most important age-defying products will be daily sunscreen and moisturizer. @valliebono

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing