Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Mature skin foundation?

What’s the best foundation for mature skin with plenty of wrinkles? Looking to get my grammas makeup done for a wedding!

Re: Mature skin foundation?

@LuluLemons9 

Stay away from anything long wear or matte. A really nice foundation that is full of hydration is TARTE - Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sea Collection. 

Re: Mature skin foundation?

I think one of the best things you can do for older/mature skin foundation is the prep.  Make sure lots of water intake is done, so hydrating from the inside out.  A good cleanser with light exfoliation...so no issues with the foundation "grabbing" or patchiness.  And I honestly mix two different foundations, Estee Lauder DoubleWear and Estee Lauder Perfectionist.  As much as I love the Doublewear, it's TOO matte, and can make fine lines stand out more than I care for, but just using the Perfectionist (or any other natural/radiant finish) foundation can play slip n' slide on my face.  So mixing tends to do the trick.  Then I let it set for about a minute before using powder...this will help to negate the foundation settling into the wrinkles/lines.  Right before powder, go over the face one more time with a dry sponge or large dry brush, concentrating more on the lines/wrinkles.  Then use your powder, lightly, do not bake on older skin.  Once the entire makeup session is complete, use a good setting spray.  I like Skindanavia Bridal, but Urban Decay All Nighter is basically the same thing.  Use a fan to dry...and you're done:)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing