Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Makeup cracking and accentuate wrinkles

Anyone else have problems with makeup cracking only on wrinkles? I’m 36 with lines below cheek above jaw and my makeup always cracks there. Looks smooth and nice when I first apply but 2 hours in it looks like snake skin in the hollows of my cheeks. I use great skin care! Any advice to keep makeup from cracking and showing wrinkles?

Re: Makeup cracking and accentuate wrinkles

This happens to me, then I quite using powder products on my face. Everything that goes on my skin is a liquid, cream, or oil. I set with a setting spray. Powders sink right into lay pores and lines. After 40, it seems best to avoid powders of all kinds.

I started noticing the same problem last year. I switched from the makeup I was using to NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

I also started applying a tiny bit (half a pea size) of Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer .75 / 21gto my entire face. On my eyelids I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Anti-Aging Standard Size - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL again, just a teeny bit.

In addition, I had to change my skin care. I'm now using Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  for now. Love the product, just don't care for the price per ounce. 

I also started using the following last year:

FRESH - Black Tea Kombucha Antioxidant Essence

DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum

Along with:

COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

Squalane 100% Pure Refill 8 oz

COSMEDICA Hyaluronic Acid Serum, 8 Ounce

This week I added:

COSRX Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream

I also learned that less in both skincare and makeup is more. I was applying too much of many of my products.

I hope this helps.

Kat

Are you using a primer?  It creates a barrier between the makeup and your skin, so the foundation doesn’t fall in. I like Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g  It’s balmy and smooth and blends easily, so you hardly need any at all.

RE: Re: Makeup cracking and accentuate wrinkles

I agree about make up primer. Makes a huge difference! And I love the Tatcha silk canvas!!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing