Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Looking for foundation and concealer

I have been on the hunt for a new foundation and concealer. I will be 40 this year I don’t have too many wrinkles but the pores and dullness are bothering me. I have tried nars light reflecting foundation (did not look good at all) fenty skin tint (not a fan) I did however like Lancôme teint so far. I have dark undereye circles and looking for something to brighten the area. Has anyone tried the new saie foundation with aging skin? 

Re: Looking for foundation and concealer

I’m 54 and experienced the same dilemma a couple of years ago. I researched many products and tried some out. I finally decided that IT Cosmetics Illuminating CC cream/serum/foundation SPF 50 is what works best for me. It covers my dark spots, redness, and gives my skin a nice, subtle glow.

I’ve tried a million concealers over the years for my dark circles and I’ve been using Tarte Shape Tape creamy (not the regular one). Unfortunately Sephora doesn’t sell it, so I buy it at Ulta. And skincare in the morning and night is very important (moisturizer, retinol, etc).

@dride25 Thank you so much for the  awesome response & very helpful recommendations!! I appreciate it so much! 

Idk why but I'd never thought about using a CC under my eyes! It's such an obvious answer! 🤦‍♀️ It's in the name!!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ <---- I may have to use only the face palm emoji for the next year (or just forever?! 😂)! 

Similarly I've no idea why I'd not tried MAKEUP FOR EVER concealer when I use the foundation! Common sense right?! One would think anyway 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ (see? The face palm fits so well! lol!)

And I wish I had seen your response sooner! I would have loved to have joined in to see you with your client! I  Not weird at all btw - I thought it was so nice of you to mention it & I am kicking myself that I missed it!  Thank you so much!!! 💕💕

If it makes you feel any better I totally messed up filming the live and deleted it! lol. Millennial problems, amirite?! I'm sure I'll post more like that again- it is the most common concern my clients bring up.

Saie is very pretty for aging skin--but, what did you not like about the Nars and Fenty and what did you like about Teint idol? That can help me narrow down some options for you!

I will say that for mature skin in my kit I tend to keep cream based options on hand. I also prep REALLY well with skin care and illuminating primer prior to putting foundation on. That can make all the difference for both the dullness and texture/pores. (Dehydrated skin is less plump, and less plump skin will show pores almost like they're stretched out.) 

For concealing under the eye- I always do and recommend a three step routine. Tap in Shiseido Brightening eye cream (split a rice sized amount between both undereyes,) use a color corrector (and if you can describe or show me your undereye I can help you pick one. I need to know what color the undereye darkness is- blue? purple? greenish? etc) and then the last step is concealer and for some folks, setting. You want to have a very light hand with all three. We tend to see folks go wild with the amount of concealer on social media and that generally ends with a bad result. 

@dride25 @madigirl Great Question & awesome answer! Thank you both! I'm 41 & did NOT even know anything about skincare & wrinkle prevention until I was mid 30s (thanks a lot mom! LOL!) - that fact plus that I swam competitively for almost 20 yrs with little worry placed on SPF - I'm starting to really freak out about my skin - but worst of all are the dark circles!!

I currently use MAKE UP FOR EVER Reboot Foundation in Y18 (I think! I have fair skin w/neutral undertones that lean slightly towards the cool side of the spectrum) & have been for a few yrs. I love it. I've never had a Concealer that I've like enough to stick with it very long. I've used Clinique & Nars mostly recently - they're totally fine but both were "meh" to me - if that makes sense! 

Anyway, I'd love to hear if you have any brand/formula recommendations would be great (from anyone out there in Beauty Insider land who may see this too! Chime in) !!! Thanks so much!! ❤️

I hear you- I turn 40 this year and it is always just strange to see your face change, right? 

Okay, so let's see. Overall skin freak out- I recommend that every single one of my clients use four ingredients somewhere in their skin routine.

1. SPF Supergoop! (Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder SPF 35 Mineral Sunscreen 0.15 oz / 4.43 mL 

2. Retinol Shani Darden Skin Care Mini Retinol Reform® 0.3 oz/ 10 mL 

3. Antioxidants Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Serum Duo 

4. Gentle exfoliation Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 

(Do not use #2 and #4 on the same evening of the week. Use #1 and #3 together in the morning. #3 before your moisturizer and #1 after your makeup.) 

Using these ingredients (and you can choose different products if you prefer with those ingred.) plus cleanser and moisturizer that fit your skin type will mean your skin is the best it can be! 🙂 

Undereye concerns- multifaceted fix with skincare and makeup. 

1. Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream   *only use about a rice sized amount split btwn both eyes

2. NARS Radiant Creamy Liquid Color Corrector Light    *are you Y218 in mufe foundation? 

3. MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Self-Setting Medium Coverage Concealer  **I would be 100% guessing tone without seeing your skin and undereye. If you can get matched in store you will have the best result! 

4. ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Ultimate Blurring Setting Powder 

Hope these help! And, I dont know if this is allowed here, or if its weird and cringey to do lolol. But, I have a client coming tomorrow that is our age that I am teaching how to do the exact same process. If you want to see the best way to do the underye- we're going live around 2pm (eastern) on Ig. (@dn_artistry) 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing