Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Looking for a good finishing (as opposed to setting) powder

I love my Laura Mercier setting powder, but I'm looking for an overall finishing powder to really give my face that perfect airbrush effect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Tags:

Re: Looking for a good finishing (as opposed to setting) powder

My husband is a professional photographer. He is always using me to test his lighting set-ups. I swear by Make Up Forever Transparent Finishing Powder. It disappears over your make-up and never causes flash-back when you are under bright lights. However, I am intrigued by the Hourglass review and may check it out.  Will repost if I learn anything new.

I have fallen in love with the new STELLAR Cosmic Face Haze Finishing Powder. It is literally the only powder I found that doesn’t highlight my lines but instead blurs and softens my face. I even tried out a different powder, which aged me, so I then applied the Stellar Haze Finishining Powder over it and it fixed it. I would highly recommend it to anyone of any age but especially for those of us that find powders just age us. Go to your local Sephora and try it out! And I highly recommend using it not with the puff included but instead with a big powder brush so that you can get a nice layer all over your face. Though it is hard to over-apply this powder! Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

I’m kind of late to the party lol, but I agree! I’m in my mid 40’s and have dry skin,  smile lines and fine lines & wrinkles around the eyes. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders are absolutely amazing! I used to use the Laura Mercier as well, but I’ve switched to the Dim Light shade from Hourglass and it does not enhance my lines or wrinkles at all! And they also have it in a mini size now, so you don’t have to commit to the full size if you’re still on the fence about it! Good luck!

RE: Re: Looking for a good finishing (as opposed to setting) powder

That’s the shade I was going to buy! Yeah, I think I’ll buy the mini first, just to make sure, but I’m so excited to try this out!

Hi @Leebo81 My favorite finishing powder is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. There are different shades to choose from depending on your skin tone and the effect you want. For my super fair skin, I love Ethereal Light.

Thank you!

@Leebo81 I recommend the same! I LOVE the shade diffused light, it is good for any skin tone and just softens up everything on your face without pulling off any makeup.  Even my highlighter still looks ultra BAM after I go over it with this powder!

Thank you so much!  You guys have definitely convinced me lol!  That powder was one I was looking at, but was unsure, but with these recommendations, I'm ordering as fast as I can! 🙂

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing