Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Looking for Retinol recommendations

I’m 33 and feel like I should be using retinol for my sensitive skin. Is this correct? If so, what do you recommend?

Looking for Retinol recommendations

I'm about to turn 36 and my dermatologist recommended the use of retinol right around when I turned 30. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and a lot of allergies, and it's really the only reliable thing that helps keep my skin clear and bright. I switched to a lower dose from The Ordinary, from a more expensive option, and worked my way up percentage wise over the course of a few months. If you have sensitive skin you'll want to monitor how it goes for the first several days, skipping days, or mixing it in with The Ordinary's Natural Moisturizing Factors cream as it can be a bit drying at first. This has been a go-to moisturizer for me and I've never reacted poorly when using it, but you can sub your favorite lotion instead. Make sure to use SPF even on cloudy days as you'll be more sensitive to the sun (I do this even when I wasn't using retinol so it wasn't a change).

Re: Looking for Retinol recommendations

@Bebebelle FAB Retinol Serum is great for those new to retinol, as the concentration is .25%.  Just start slowly since you have sensitive skin.  I rec applying very small amounts every three days, then every two days, etc. and moisturizing a lot.  I just picked up my second bottle of it.  I use Retin-A on my face, but FAB around my eye area and laugh lines which is more sensitive for me.  And I got the 15% off today!

RE: Re: Looking for Retinol recommendations

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I’ll get them! I found the FAB one (.25%.) which Retina-A one are your referring to??
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing