From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer--- what color to choose?

Is Laura Mercier the best tinted moisturizer for over 40 skin?   What color to choose?  I wear vanilla in Clinique.

Re: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer--- what color to choose?

Hey Pumpkin! What type of skin do you have?  I think it's moisturizing enough for someone with oily or combo skin, but you'll need still use another moisturizer if you're on the dry side. And as someone mentioned above, they have a shade finder to help you find a match, but even so, it's pretty sheer, and forgiving, so keep that in mind.  I use it when I am feeling lazy, and don't want to use multiple products.  But... when I do have more time... I use SUNDAY RILEY C.E.O Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream  on just my cheeks, then Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum for a pinch of coverage, and finish off with Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . Supergoop also has Supergoop! CC Screen 100% Mineral CC Cream SPF 50 PA++++  which I have heard good things about, but haven't tried myself.  I think it's just important to recognize there is no "best" of any product. Because what works for someone's skin, with the rest of their products, and fits their budget means that there will never be a single one that works for everyone, and so Laura might not work for you, but that doesn't mean anything.  I just see so many folks on here chasing "the best"... Good Luck, though. 

I have used this for years, and throughout my 40’s. I recently switched to #MarcJacobs because I just wanted slightly more coverage but still very moisturizing. You can use the #ShadeFinder feature to help you figure out a #LauraMercier match to vanilla from #Clinique .LM is a great tinted moisturizer and has been an iconic product for yea

I can't speak for over 40, but I've used the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer for probably 10 years now and it's an all-time fav. I don't like anything with too much coverage, but just want to even out my skin tone and have any freckles or anything show through and I've found that this product does that. Although, I will say I am looking into finding a clean alternative, but find it so hard to give up a good thing! As for color, it's hard to say. I personally use the color nude, but haven't used your current product to know what a similar color would be. Your best bet is going in and trying to color match. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing