Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Laugh Lines! Help!

So I just turned 23 and seemingly out of nowhere I have developed laugh lines. It's not a huge deal I guess and I've been trying to convince myself that it's just part of life and I can't really do anything to stop it. It worked for a little while, but then the other day my boyfriend was looking at my face and he noticed them and SAID something. I know he's just a dumb boy but I'm SOOOOOOOOO self conscious now and it's really been upsetting me lol. So basically what I'm wondering is, does anyone have any suggestions for an anti aging serum/skin care routine? I have normal to dry skin and very very sensitive. I can't use anything with fragrance and I try to stay away from oil based products. But I'm open to suggestions!!!!

Re: Laugh Lines! Help!

@annieragot That was so rude of him! Men take their good skin for granted...

I started using my eye cream (Farmacy eye dew or Fresh rose gel) on my laugh line and it has dramatically helped over time. I also use Mario Badescu Cellufirm drops, Fresh Black Tea Age Delay toner, and sometimes a facial oil patted in that area. The more hydrated you are, the plumper they will look!

If you wear foundation, I find it helps to puff out your cheeks (like a blowfish lol) when you use setting powder and pat it onto the line. Baking helps some people, but that can dry out my skin.

He wasn't trying to be rude, he just didn't think that it would bother me hahaha all he said was "I've never noticed that line before!" Oh well. Thank you for your suggestions!! I love the powder trick!

@annieragot I agree that you might want to start into the retinoid/retinol realm.  Retinoids are available by Rx, like Retin-A which you need to start with conservatively.  Retinol is OTC and is available in a great many products.  I like FAB Retinol Serum.   If you are looking for additional anti-aging, I rec using AHA and antioxidants.  Good luck!

I'm definitely going to look at the FAB one! I love their products. Thank you!!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Laugh Lines! Help!

retinoids are good for collagen renewal... which is what I'm using to combat laugh lines! [I'm 23 as well and lost quite a bit of weight also which led to some looser skin on my face] but i'm not sure how your sensitive skin would handle retinoids... maybe try a milder retinol formula? Sunday Riley's Luna would be a good chooce even tho you say you avoid oils because retinol is a bit drying. Other than that glycolic acid is also good for collagen renewal. I love Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos serum but if you're looking for something without salicylic acid FAB has a new glycolic serum out. At our age a conplete skincare routine should include a non-drying cleanser like FRESH soy cleanser and a good moisturizer like FAB's cream. Additionally you should start using a vitamin c serum like C-Firma and SPF if you aren't already!! [spf is especially important if you decide to use glycolic or retinol serums] ... after a few months of this type of routine my face is firming up again and fine lines are going away more and more. Hope I helped!

Re: RE: Laugh Lines! Help!

Thank you!!!! I'll check out some of those products 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing