Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Late 30's, sensitive anti-aging skincare regimen...Thoughts on Luna?

Interested in what others are using. Recently purchased Sunday Riley Sunday school and loved it but I've read that the trans retinoic ester in Luna isn't clinically proven. Any thoughts?

Re: Late 30's, sensitive anti-aging skincare regimen...Thoughts on Luna?

@kcousI LOVE Luna Oil!   I've been using SR Good Genes in the morning and Luna before bed for several months now and I've seen a huge improvement in my skin's texture and fine lines. It is not a miracle worker, but I hope you see the same results I have. Good luck! ❤️

Re: Late 30's, sensitive anti-aging skincare regimen...Thoughts on Luna?

@kcous Here's what beautypedia.com had to say about the trans-retinol ester:

The trans-retinol ester is an interesting ingredient. Listed on the ingredient list as hydroxypinacolone retinoate, it has promise but there isn't a compelling amount of data evaluating its effectiveness, or comparing it to other forms of retinol (like retinol or retinaldehyde). The study that does exist was conducted by the brand that manufacturers hydroxypinacolone retinoate, and was conducted on just five people (GrantIndustries.com, 2015).

Other studies that do exist study the ingredient in combination with retinol—that means you just don't know whether hydroxypinacolone retinoate would have been effective on its own, as it is in Luna Sleeping Oil (Actas Dermo-Sifiliograficas, 2015). With that in mind, we wish the Sunday Riley brand didn't chose to rely on this ingredient over the more proven forms of retinol on the market.

Best wishes!  Wouldn't it be great is skincare wasn't so murky?  🙂

RE: Late 30's, sensitive anti-aging skincare regimen...Thoughts on Luna?

I just bought Luna & already love the texture & irritation-free application. I have the same concerns about its efficacy though - I'll have to check back in a few weeks from now about how it works over time!!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing