Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

ISO exfoliants, cleansers and moisturizers for fine lines, 39 y/o

Hi!  I'm looking for a new routine.  I'm about to turn 40 and am noticing some new texture to my skin and fine lines and darkness under my eyes.  I do have slightly sensitive skin but can handle an exfoliant.  My skin reacts to mineral content.  I have been using a combination of Dermalogica, Ordinary and Murad.  The Murad renewal regimen is suddenly giving me a rash and none of the products seem to be helping the texture that I'm noticing around my chin or fine lines.  Please tell me about your favorites and if you don't mind, let me know if our ages are close.  Thank you!  😉

Re: ISO exfoliants, cleansers and moisturizers for fine lines, 39 y/o

I’m on my 30s—mixed Eurasian — & I really like Sunday Riley’s good genes. Some AHAs are too strong (think wipes) but lactic is great. I second TO’s retinol—and vitamin C is awesome if kept in fridge. I know ppl are all over skinceuticals but the timeless CE Ferulic is super if you keep it in the fridge. I’ve recently been trialing the Ordinary’s mandelic & lactic but I’m not sure yet—the mandelic seems gentle. Their glycolic that looks like a Siracha bottle is great for scalp exfoliation; Sunday makes a similar product my mom loves but I found it a bit harsh. Hope that helps

Also I’m 36 & have dry skin & an oily scalp, plus eczema. I can post an unedited pic of what my skin looks like after using TO & good genes—I was on Rx Refissa retina but it was quite harsh, I wanted that retin glow but I think I overused it!

23EBD73D-84E2-410D-8A78-6AA2AB0C34E4.jpeg

 I have ptosis in my right eye I’m having surgery for, but the TO & Sunday Riley products have done wonders for skin smoothing. I also use Cetaphil cleanser, lotion & cream on a derm’s advice. And yes I’m in the Nam vo beauty light but I used to have dreadful fine lines. Dryness apparently! I rec sheet masks & hydration (the new hydrogel masks are so soothing) —plus essences are awesome. Also Armani LSF foundation is great for mature skin; so I the la mer compact but it is quite expensive & has a fragrance. I’ll have to check out the p50  @Missnur rec’d — I hear so much abt it! 

Take care x

Lovely picture! 💕 they sell it in small 1.7 oz bottles so you can give it a test drive. It's been really great for my skin, just remember to slowly introduce it in your skin regimen. 

Hi, I am a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador! I've been using the ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion for smoothing skin texture and fine lines. it's really a life saver for that, I use it every other night for the past few years. Also I use BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE LOTION P50 ORIGINAL "1970" the nights I don't use retinoid.  That routine took care of those rough patches in my skin.  Hope that helps!😘 (I'm older than you, and I have combo sensitive skin for reference) 

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 23EBD73D-84E2-410D-8A78-6AA2AB0C34E4.jpeg
testing