Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

I transformed my skin - combo/dry (eczema)

Spoiler
Forever changed.

Two months ago, my skin was down bad. I have never been someone with a lot of acne, but my redness can sometimes really get outta control. I didn't know what to do. I just turned 29 and was so lost when it came to skincare and how to help my issues. My skin type is combo/dry. My nose and chin can get oily, even sometimes my forehead but not always. The rest is suuuuper dry. I have eczema and while I dont really get flareups on my face, it still makes me prone to drier skin. So I was at a loss. I thought for sure my prominent fine lines, horrrrrible under eye + dark circles, dryness, redness was going to get even worse and soon since I'm pushing 30. But I started watching (and binging) @Anonymous and that's when I started taking active steps toward taking care of the health of my skin. My skin has absolutely TRANSFORMED since then. All of the products I use now everyday have made such amazing improvements on my skin and I have never felt SO good about the state of my skin.

Here's my skincare routine that no one asked for:

☀️- garnier micellar water on a resusable cotton pad to wipe down nose and chin only. Then go in with the snail mucin toner by Peach Slices (loooove this stuff! So hydrating!). Then I use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  The INKEY List Vitamin C Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL #, Krave Barrier Relief, and Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL all over face + neck. Then I moisturize with the COSRX Snail Mucin 92 All In One cream or the Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL Then finish with Sunbum tinted spf 30 and reapply that as directed + n

🌙: Double cleanse with either Hanskin BHA cleansing balm or CLINIQUE Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover Duo with the 2nd cleanse which would be either the Cerave hydrating cleanser or Krave matcha cleanser. Then follow with same Peach Slices snail mucin toner. Then Murads retinol serums: Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Face & Eye Duo Then I follow up with either the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL following with the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml  (skipping nose + chin) OR I use the Aveeno Ultra calming night cream. If I'm super dry I sometimes use CLINIQUE All About Eyes Eye Cream with Vitamin C around my eye area.

I hope something here will help someone who was where I was. I am forever changed and so addicted to this part of my self care routine. It is so very calming to start and end my day everyday taking a few mins out to take care of me for a better me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Skincare = selfcare
Tags:

Re: I transformed my skin - combo/dry (eczema)

@copperxhead 

My skin seems to fall in line with yours quite a bit, so definitely taking some tips from this!

Do you find that the Hanskin BHA cleansing balm to be irritating at all? I have some textural irregularities on my face, and thought a cleansing balm with some exfoliating acids might be an easier way to introduce them for that reason. Just curious about your experience with it! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing