Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

I'm 55, people think I'm younger, then they see my neck. HELP.

I have tried everything. Perricone, Riley, Caudielle. Glam glow, even prescribed retin cream and hydra acid capsules. My photo has no makeup and hair pulled back. thank you!

Re: I'm 55, people think I'm younger, then they see my neck. HELP.

@tuffy I'm so glad you shared! I'm 4_ and this is my problem area too.

@tuffy I saw this article on Allure.com recently, and thought of you:

@tuffy BIC removed the link, as outside links are not permitted.  For you or anyone else that is interested, simply Goggle "allure best neck creams" and it is the first hit.

@tuffy You may want to consider Ultherapy.

Your face is amazing. Your moisturizing routine must be fabulous. You need to give classes. 

Have you searched YouTube videos for your neck? They usually recommend products.  

I'm 55, people think I'm younger, then they see my neck. HELP.

go to a dermatologist who will look at your neck and explore valid options. I don't think there is anything OTC that would be really helpful. your face looks amazing btw!

@tuffy I don't believe there is anything special to use for your neck per se - most reputable literature I've read says that you should just use what you would use on your face to target aging (retinols, AHA, antioxidants).  I did just see on QVC a product called "Crepe Erase" that seemed to have "instant" results - by this I mean that it seemed to tighten temporarily -- so women might want to use it before they go out on a special occasion. 

They also have Genie Instant Line Smoother, which I remember having good "instant" results. IDK if it works on large areas, though.

best of luck!

Anonymous Insider

I think you look great!  You don't look like you are in your mid 50s.  

I do have the same worries though.  I have had "bands" around my neck forever.  It makes me actually cry when I catch a glimpse of my neck in an outside reflection because to me I look so much older than I am.  I try to remember to do chin and neck exercises.  I also am going to try the Dr. Jart mask for necks.  I find I have to moisturize with lotions and creams like 3 times daily to keep my neck from looking drier which makes it look more wrinkly.  I also put a tiny bit of foundation and cover-up on the lines to camoflauge them a little.  But honestly you look great!  

Hi! Not sure if you have ever explored Botox in your neck bands and although expensive Ulthera works but only last max of 2 years. I’m 47 and started noticing the same issues with my neck bands. Botox works well but last only 6 months. Also much less than Ulthera! Good luck

Have you heard of Carole Maggio Facercise? I think this c...

Have you heard of Carole Maggio Facercise? I think this can help. You can target your neck for toning.
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
testing