Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

I’m 46 and looking for help on my crepey wrinkly 👀, HELP!!

Any product to help battle this peepers! It’s seems any concealer, or foundation makes my wrinkles worse by settling into my lines! I’ve tried the every so popular IT cosmetics and all I can say I no no no! Looking for any suggestions 🙏🏼

I’m 46 and looking for help on my crepey wrinkly 👀, HELP!!

I'm 46, and I find that at this age, regardless of your natural skin type, you have to go for the moisture-ridden products. So focus on building moisture through your skincare first and then a nice foundation that is also dewy. Then you can control some of the inevitable shine with a good powder. If you're just concerned about your eye area, then I recommend giving the NARS creamy concealer a try. After excellent skincare and using something like Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb for the eyes - then put on your primer and let it all soak in first for 30 minutes or so. (I know - nobody has time for this during the weekday mornings, but I'm just suggesting what is ideal. I tend to only do this on weekends.) I then use a primer creamy foundation like Chanel Vitalumiere but avoid the eyes if I am going to use a concealer on top. Then you apply the NARS concealer in small batches to the eye area. Once you're satisfied with the coverage, take a very small amount of pressed powder on a solid powder puff and pat it on the concealer to set. It is hard to "bake" when you have wrinkles but you do want to set, pushing in the powder to make sure the concealer on the eyes and inside the lines dont move and bunch up or crease. If you find that through the day your eye area looks dry, then you might want to incorporate a hyaluronic product into your skincare regime, focusing on eyes primarily to ensure they stay moisturized. I use this product and enjoy it a lot but it's not at Sephora. https://sokoglam.com/products/the-plant-base-waterfall-moist-balanced-hyaluronic-acid-100 Hope that helps!

RE: I’m 46 and looking for help on my crepey wrinkly 👀, HELP!!

44 here and I found something that has helped some ! I changed my foundation to a more Dewey , moisturized consistency. If that makes any sense lol ! I can’t use matte anything cause it defines my littlecrevices! Ughh ! So I found this foundation by stilla , it’s called Glow something . I actually found it at TJ Maxx LOL ! And I’m telling you it made a difference !!! It keeps my skin looking moisturized instead of cracked lol !

Re: I’m 46 and looking for help on my crepey wrinkly 👀, HELP!!

I use KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate 

under my eyes and then mix that with DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serum  

on my face and neck followed by a moisutizer which varies by my mood.  (I'm still looking for my unicorn)  I also use Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

and SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer.

No crepe and definitely diminishes fine lines and I swear the Drunk Elephant has made a noticeable difference in the ruts between my eyes.  I've also been using KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 12.5% Vitamin Cand feel that is making a difference as well.

Re: I’m 46 and looking for help on my crepey wrinkly 👀, HELP!!

@Beanskiki  I’ve been using Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

and I’ve noticed such a huge difference in my fine lines. They have been almost completely smoothed out! As for concealer my fav is SEPHORA COLLECTION - Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

i don’t find it settles in to my lines. 

I am so glad that you mentioned the Sephora gel concealer...

I am so glad that you mentioned the Sephora gel concealer because I was looking through my stash of samples earlier and I'm pretty sure that I have a sample or two of that, I'm lookin forward to trying it out tomorrow 🌈

I have the same problem. I too am 46. I hate having to use concealer. I have always used a tinted product from HSN called Signature Club A Rapid Transport Serum #1 fair. I used it as concealer and it was amazing. It is tinted moisturizer and it never felt gunky. I decided to try other products and I ended up coming right back to it. It Cosmetics does not work for me. I have fair skin and it made my skin look almost gray. I use a lot of natural vitamin c packed oils when i am at home (not wearing makeup). I also apply a mask at least once a week and get a facial with every season. Drink lots of water too. I am now looking for a moisturizer. I heard Drunk Elephant or Paulas Choice are excellent
Anonymous Insider

Hey! I’m in the same boat. I just turned 45, and I swear it’s like my skin started to crepe and get little lines overnight! I tried “Your Skin But Better” CC cream by It and I HATE it. It just accentuates every little line and pore.

44 here and I found something that has helped some ! I changed my foundation to a more Dewey , moisturized consistency. If that makes any sense lol ! I can’t use matte anything cause it defines my littlecrevices! Ughh ! So I found this foundation by stilla , it’s called Glow something . I actually found it at TJ Maxx LOL ! And I’m telling you it made a difference !!! It keeps my skin looking moisturized instead of dry and cracked !
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing