Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

How to get that Flawless finish

I am looking for advice on what cleansing products to use to help get that flawless look from the beginning. Not just to cover up the pores. Then advice on what make up you are using. I have combination skin. I am mid 40’s and I am tired of spending money on things that do not work. Thanks in advance.

How to get that Flawless finish

the others have good product suggestions so Ill just say glowy skin starts with diligent skincare. -too many new products might irritate skin and u wont know which. -Consider 1 product at a time for 2 weeks when introducing something new. -hydrating toners -algenist genius collagen good luck!💛💛

Re: How to get that Flawless finish

Great question!!  I've totally gotten on the double cleansing bandwagon!  I am using a Boscia Tsubaki cleansing oil and the Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser.  My skin feels really good after these.   I've been doing more of the k-beauty kind of thing, using an essential Toner (ID AZ  Dermastatic Toner) then following up with an Essence (Yuri Pibu Artichoke Essence) Belif Water Bomb or Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer.  Loving the Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask as well.  My skin super smooth these days.  

As far as foundation goes, I just started using the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation to a lot of success.  

RE: Re: How to get that Flawless finish

I second the k- beauty routine. Since incorporating more Korean skincare products into my regimen, my skin has looked so much better! I also do the double cleansing, use an essence, and follow-up with a serum and moisturizer. I usually will put a face oil on top of that at night, such as Josie Maran’s Argan Oil. I also exfoliate and use masks during the week. And I found that using my Foreo Luna to help cleanse my face makes a difference.

RE: How to get that Flawless finish

Hi there @purifying! I think double cleansing is the way to go - first, use an oil based cleanser (or balm) then follow up with a water based cleanser. That is the only way that I get makeup, sunscreen and city off. I sometimes even still have grit on my face when I look at the cotton round after using a toner. After cleansing, what other steps do you follow in your routine. For me, having my skin well moisturized from my skincare and primer enhances a smooth application of makeup. I have dry, sensitive skin. As for makeup, what exactly are you looking for? I ask only because I’d like to try to help

I am looking for recommendations I guess to exfoliate and or to help treat the pores, aging skin and to help smooth the skin. ( per dermatologist I use Dove sensitive soap, I break out so easy) IT moisturizer, FAB coconut skin smoothing primer, Sense foundation, IT CC powder (Everything else is IT cosmetics) I just started using at night Dr Brandt Glow night revitalize I have also used at night and like but am not faithful is boscio exfoliating peel gel ( I have a few trial sizes) I keep thinking I want to try more of this brand I may have answered my own question I need to do the exfoliating peel faithfully

I would chemically exfoliate twice or three times a week @purifying, but it really depends on your skin. I’ve used the Boscia exfoliating gel. A fantastic exfoliating product is Sunday Riley’s Good Genes; it is expensive though but worth it. You can look for serums with AHAs which are great for anti-aging and smoothing out the skin. For pores, you can look for products with BHA, basically salicylic acid. I prefer exfoliating chemically as it’s more gentle and effective in my opinion. Another ingredient I would recommend is Vit C. Not only does it help brighten the complexion and lighten dark spots, it is an antioxidant that protect the skin from yucky things, which can promote aging. Hope this helps! Good luck to you as you try new products.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing