Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Help! Just turned 36 and looked in mirror

Hi all,

I just turned 36 today, and literally since January have been looking at my under eyes watching them age and dry...any skincare advice is appreciated! I need a new routine

Re: Help! Just turned 36 and looked in mirror

Hi @xxLauraxx ! A few questions for you that'll help us help you: 

1. When you say "watching them age," what exactly are you seeing? I assume you mean lines/wrinkles under your eyes, but is there something else/more? 

2. What's your current skincare routine (brands + product names, from cleanser to sunscreen)? 

3. You mentioned your undereyes are dry. Is the rest of your skin typically dry? Or is it oily, combo, or balanced? 

4. Is your skin (anywhere on your face) sensitive? And are there any specific skincare ingredients you know you're very sensitive or truly allergic to?

Note that undereye lines will happen no matter what products you apply, unless you plan to never make any facial expressions again. The most effective way to reduce existing lines is to see a board certified dermatologist about in-office/clinic procedures to treat them. You can prevent the formation of some (but not all) new lines by wearing sunscreen under your eyes, getting enough sleep, sleeping on your back, keeping that skin very hydrated and moisturized, and perhaps boosting collagen production. I don't want to recommend products for that last bit without knowing your answers to those 4 questions i asked. 🙂 

Re: Help! Just turned 36 and looked in mirror

@xxLauraxx Are you wearing sunscreen daily?  Have you tried vitamin c serums or retinol?

Do you have a skincare routine for your skin type and what is your skin type?

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing